Image

WWE Kane: Glenn Jacobs Declared New Knox County Mayor |RN

Kane wearing a suit and tie © Mike Coppola / Getty Images Entertainment / Getty  

Through hellfire and brimstone, “The Big Red Machine” has emerged victorious not inside the squared circle, but in the race to become the new mayor of Knox County, Tennessee.

Republican Glenn Jacobs, better known to the WWE Universe as Kane, won the election by defeating Democratic nominee Linda Haney and nearly doubling her vote total.

The victory was essentially in the bag for Jacobs from the beginning, as Knox County hasn’t elected a Democratic mayor since the early 1940s.

Kane © Alfredo Lopez/Jam Media/LatinContent/Getty Images Kane

Kane and Rey Misterio  fight during WWE Smackdown     © Getty Kane and Rey Misterio fight during WWE Smackdown  

Jacobs, who also works as an insurance salesman, announced his candidacy in March 2017, eventually edging out Brad Anders by just 23 votes in the GOP race to earn the Republican nomination a year later.

Some of the issues Jacobs pushed in his campaign included keeping taxes low, improving roads and infrastructure, and keeping communities safe.

Jacobs has been a part of the WWE since 1995, making his television debut as Jerry Lawler’s private dentist, Isaac Yankem. In October 1997, he appeared as The Undertaker’s brother Kane for the first time during “Badd Blood: In Your House,” donning his signature mask and attire.

He’s held the WWE Championship, World Heavyweight Championship, ECW Championship, Intercontinental Championship, and numerous versions of the Tag Team Championship over the years with multiple partners.

Kane’s last high-profile match was his return to pay-per-view on July 15, teaming with Daniel Bryan in a losing effort to The Bludgeon Brothers for the SmackDown Tag Team titles.     (The Score)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

Ford Sues John Cena For Selling High-end Car Within A Month Of Purchase |RN

ford-sues-john-cena-for-selling-500000-gt-supercar
                               John Cena and his 2017 Ford GT. Photo: Autoblog

When Ford launched its Application Programme for the Ford GT, observers noted the hoops and hurdles Ford set up to manage its relationship with the high-end clientele club.

Actor John Cena took delivery of a custom 2017 GT in September, then sold the coupe not even a month later — an audacious violation of the purchase contract he signed, which bound owners to hold onto their cars for at least two years.

For such treason, Ford sued Cena in U.S. District Court last week, seeking more than $75,000 in damages.

Cena paid $466,376.50 for the liquid blue coupe with the “Dark Energy” interior, and made a video about taking delivery of the car around September 23.

Not long after that love-fest, sometime around October 20, the GT had a new owner.

Ford called Cena a few days later when it heard about the sale, and said Cena breached the agreement.

The ex-WWE wrestler is alleged to have later texted Ford, “I completely understand and as stated, I’m willing to work with you and Ford to make it right.

“My sincerest apologies,” and explained the sale was “for cash to take care of expenses.”

Ford’s lawsuit alleges Cena never made it right, after snagging “a handsome profit.”

Ford wants restitution for that profit, for “damages and losses, including, but not limited to, loss of brand value, ambassador activity, and customer goodwill due to the improper sale,” and for attorney and court costs.

The whole situation is kind of kooky, considering Cena’s car collection numbers roughly 22 cars, one of them a 2006 Ford GT.

Cena’s YouTube series Auto Geeks makes a point of telling the story behind each one of his cars; we’re surprised this is the story he wants to tell about his 2017 Ford GT.

Ford’s lawsuit said Cena’s Application Programme appeal included the line, “[If] I were to be deemed fit for ownership I would most certainly use every vehicle of communication to let the world know about the car, the brand, and the experience.”

Now, the only words he has for Ford come from his wrestling days: “If you want some, come get some!”
(Yahoo News)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

UFC Legend, Ronda Rousey Trains For Wrestling Career With WWE Star Natalya

Neil Docking
                  © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited 

UFC legend Ronda Rousey has released a new video showing her training for a future wrestling career with WWE superstar Natalya.

The former UFC women’s bantamweight champion has long been rumoured to be preparing to compete at WrestleMania 34 next year.

Rousey has previously dabbled in ring work at the Santino Bros. Wrestling Academy in California, run by Joey Kaos and Mongol Santino.

a person wearing a costume: Credits: © WWE             © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: © WWE  

Current WWE superstar The Brian Kendrick’s school is now featured in a new trailer for the launch of Ronda Rousey’s upcoming website.

The video shows the 30-year-old mixed martial arts icon practising in the ring with former WWE Smackdown Live Women’s Champion Natalya.

Natalya Neidhart, 35, from Calgary, Canada, is the world’s first third-generation female wrestler and a member of the famous Hart family.

Related: Ronda Rousey Is Stopped 48 Seconds Into Comeback At UFC 207 |The Republican News

Training with Natalya, the daughter of wrestler Jim ‘The Anvil’ Neidhart and Ellie Hart – the daughter of Stu Hart – shows Rousey is stepping things up a gear.

Natalya is a two-time WWE world champion and was the first woman to train in the legendary Hart family ‘Dungeon’ with her uncles Bret and Ross Hart.

There is also a clip featuring Rousey working out in what appears to be WWE’s acclaimed Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.

More footage shows the Olympic bronze medallist in judo backstage and ringside at WWE’s Mae Young Classic tournament in July. Last month Rousey attended an NXT show in her home city of Riverside, California, hugging Japanese star Kairi Sane on her way to the ring.

Related: Ronda Rousey’s Mum Wants Her To Retire Following Loss At UFC 207 |The Republican News

There is speculation the Four Horsewomen of MMA will face the Four Horsewomen of NXT at WrestleMania 34 on April 8, 2018.

The Four Horsewomen of MMA are Rousey, Marina Shafir, Jessamyn Duke and Shayna Baszler – the latter now signed to WWE.

The Four Horsewomen of NXT are SmackDown Live members Charlotte and Becky Lynch, plus Raw’s Sasha Banks and Bayley.

Both groups take their self-adopted nickname from arguably the greatest stable in professional wrestling history – The Four Horsemen.

The original dominant faction, led by Charlotte’s dad Ric Flair, also included Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard and Ole Anderson.

The women had a face-off at the Mae Young Classic in July – when Baszler reached the final before losing to Sane – hinting at a future feud.

Rousey was also part of an in-ring segment with The Rock, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon at WrestleMania 31 back in 2015.

person standing in front of a store: Credits: © WWE          © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: © WWE  

After a confrontation she got physical with both Stephanie and Triple H and has since been training for a professional wrestling debut.

In October, Triple H, WWE’s executive vice president of talent, live events and creative, said the interest between the parties was mutual.

“Ronda has made no secret her whole career that she has been a huge fan of WWE growing up,” The Game said.

Credits: Zuffa LLC via Getty © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: Zuffa LLC via Getty  

“She has been on record saying WWE is probably some of the most fun that she has ever had in her entire career.”

HHH, aka Paul Levesque, added: “I have been out there publicly saying that if she wants the opportunity, I am happy to give it to her.

“She is looking for the opportunity, so it seems like a perfect match-up. I am excited to have the conversation with her and see where it goes.”

A clash involving all eight women at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana next year would certainly be a marquee attraction. (Mirror)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

%d bloggers like this: