Image

All Over For Trump As Pence Reads Out Electoral College Votes, Congress Certifies It |The Republican News

Vice President Mike Pence

By Ike A. Offor

The waiting for the actual and final outcome of the United States presidential election is finally over as the Vice President has broken ranks with President Donald Trump to read out the electoral college votes results and the Congress certifies it.

The ball game has come to a total halt for Donald Trump, who has in a subtle manner asked Mike Pence to refuse the electoral college votes and refer it back for re-examination. This has caused many to call out the President for sedition.

Yesterday, Trump in a tweet has called Pence some bad names and it became clear that they are no more on the same page on the issue of election final results and purported election rigging, which has not produced any acceptable evidence whatsoever.

Trump had this to say about Pence in a tweet on Tuesday .

“Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!”

The accusations of election rigging has been nothing but verbal but no tangible evidence has been found on ground to warrant successful court proceedings. This has been why almost all the cases have been thrown away in the court.

Mike Pence, House Chaplain and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

Meanwhile, Pence’s chief of staff accuses Trump of locking him out of White House as was reported by Fox News.

Vice President Mike Pence’s chief of staff Marc Short on Wednesday accused President Trump of revoking his White House access as tensions between Pence and Trump continued to deteriorate. The president publicly and privately lobbied Pence in recent weeks to overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s Electoral College win.

In a precedent move, which may not be nice to the hearing of Donald Trump, Mike Pence condemned the violence and vandalism at the Capitol. The House chaplain during prayer session called it desecration of the House and condemned it in a strong term.

Vice President Mike Pence in addressing a session of the U.S. Senate on Wednesday evening, praised the resilience of American Democracy and condemned the rioters who stormed the Capitol building amidst the effort to certify the Electoral College vote.

Rioter seen occupying the seat of House Speaker

“Today was a dark day in the history of the United States Capitol, but thanks to the swift efforts of U.S. Capitol police, federal, state, and local law enforcement, the violence was quelled, the Capitol is secured, and the people’s work continues,” said Pence after the Senate reconvened for the evening.

Earlier in the day, lawmakers were escorted from the House and Senate chambers after a group of rioters pushed their way into the Capitol building. While it’s unclear how many of them entered, photos show apparent Trump supporters entering an empty Senate chamber, and Capitol security commenced in a stand-off at a barricaded House door. Others entered the offices of lawmakers, and broke windows and Capitol property.

Some rioters climbing the wall of the Capitol before gaining entrance to the House chamber, offices
Capitol police fire teargas at protesters

“We condemn the violence that took place here in the strongest possible terms,” Pence told the Senate in the evening. “We grieve the loss of life in these hallowed halls, as well as the injuries suffered by those who defended our Capitol today, and we will always be grateful to the men and women who stayed at their post to defend this historic place.”

Some of the casualties from the invasion
Some of casualties from the imvasion

“To those who wreaked havoc in our Capitol today: You did not win. Violence never wins. Freedom wins, and this is still the people’s House,” he continued. “As we reconvene in this chamber, the world will again witness the resilience and strength of our democracy, for even in the wake of unprecedented violence and vandalism at this Capitol, the elected representatives of the people of the United States have assembled again, on the very same day, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

House Speaker’s office invaded while her computer email was still open.
Rioters take over the House chamber and snapping photos
Rioter seen stand on the statue of Gerald Ford

The vice president concluded his remarks: “May God bless the United States of America. Let’s get back to work.” He was met with applause from lawmakers in the Senate chamber, who promptly resumed Senate business.

He later read out the electoral college votes and declared the House dissolved, which attracted a big round of applause from the House members.

The question now for President Donald Trump is, where do he go from here, is he going to concede or wait to be escorted out of the White House on the inauguration day?

Continue reading
Image

#EndSARS: Buhari’s Full Address, Warns Protesters, Calls For Security Forces To Enforce Peace|RN

President Muhammadu Buhari

The long awaited address from Muhammadu Buhari has finally been delivered and not live like many expected. And it started with a warning to the protesters and many Nigerians seem to be dissatisfied.

Below is the address:

ADDRESS TO THE NATION BY HIS EXCELLENCY, MUHAMMADU BUHARI, PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA ON THE ENDSARS PROTESTS, 22ND OCTOBER, 2020

Fellow Nigerians,

It has become necessary for me to address you having heard from many concerned Nigerians and having concluded a meeting with all the Security Chiefs.

  1. I must warn those who have hijacked and misdirected the initial, genuine and well – intended protest of some of our youths in parts of the country, against the excesses of some members of the now disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
  2. On Monday 12th October, I acknowledged the genuine concerns and agitations of members of the public regarding the excessive use of force by some members of SARS.
  3. The choice to demonstrate peacefully is a fundamental right of citizens as enshrined in Section 40 of our Constitution and other enactments; but this right to protest also imposes on the demonstrators the responsibility to respect the rights of other citizens, and the necessity to operate within the law.
  4. As a democratic government, we listened to, and carefully evaluated the five-point demands of the protesters. And, having accepted them, we immediately scrapped SARS, and put measures in place to address the other demands of our youth.
  5. On approving the termination of SARS, I already made it clear that it was in line with our commitment to the implementation of extensive Police reforms.
  6. Sadly, the promptness with which we have acted seemed to have been misconstrued as a sign of weakness and twisted by some for their selfish unpatriotic interests.
  7. The result of this is clear to all observers: human lives have been lost; acts of sexual violence have been reported; two major correctional facilities were attacked and convicts freed; public and private properties completely destroyed or vandalised; the sanctity of the Palace of a Peace Maker, the Oba of Lagos has been violated. So-called protesters have invaded an International Airport and in the process disrupted the travel plans of fellow Nigerians and our visitors.
  8. All these executed in the name of the ENDSARS protests. I am indeed deeply pained that innocent lives have been lost. These tragedies are uncalled for and unnecessary. Certainly, there is no way whatsoever to connect these bad acts to legitimate expression of grievance of the youth of our country.
  9. The spreading of deliberate falsehood and misinformation through the social media in particular, that this government is oblivious to the pains and plight of its citizens is a ploy to mislead the unwary within and outside Nigeria into unfair judgement and disruptive behaviour.
  10. On the contrary, both our deeds and words have shown how committed this administration has been to the wellbeing and welfare of citizens, even with the steadily dwindling revenues, and the added responsibilities and restrictions due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
  11. Government has put in place measures and initiatives principally targeted at youths, women and the most vulnerable groups in our society. These included our broad plan to lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in the next 10 years; the creation of N75 billion National Youth Investment Fund to provide opportunities for the youths and the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Survival Fund, through which government is:

a. paying three months salaries of the staff of 100,000 micro, small – and medium – enterprises,
b. paying for the registration of 250,000 businesses at the Corporate Affairs Commission,
c. giving a grant of N30,000 to 100,000 artisans; and
d. guaranteeing market for the products of traders.

  1. These are in addition to many other initiatives such as;
    a. Farmermoni,
    b. Tradermoni,
    c. Marketmoni,
    d. N-Power,
    e. N-Tech and
    f. N-Agro.
  2. No Nigerian Government in the past has methodically and seriously approached poverty-alleviation like we have done.
  3. With regard to the welfare of police personnel, the National Salaries, Income and Wages Commission has been directed to expedite action on the finalization of the new salary structure of members of the Nigeria Police Force. The emoluments of other paramilitary services are also being reviewed upwards.
  4. In order to underscore the importance of education in preparing youths for the future, this administration has come up with a new salary structure and other incentives for our teachers.
  5. Let me at this point reaffirm the Federal Government’s commitment to preserving the unity of this country.
  6. We will continue to improve good governance and our democratic process, including through sustained engagement.
  7. We shall continue to ensure that liberty and freedom, as well as the fundamental rights of all citizens are protected.
  8. But remember that government also has the obligation to protect lives and properties, as well as the right of citizens to go about their daily businesses freely and protected from acts of violence.
  9. To our neighbours in particular, and members of the international community, many of whom have expressed concern about the ongoing development in Nigeria, we thank you and urge you all to seek to know all the facts available before taking a position or rushing to judgment and making hasty pronouncements.
  10. In the circumstances, I would like to appeal to protesters to note and take advantage of the various well-thought-out initiatives of this administration designed to make their lives better and more meaningful, and resist the temptation of being used by some subversive elements to cause chaos with the aim of truncating our nascent democracy.
  11. For you to do otherwise will amount to undermining national security and the law and order situation. Under no circumstances will this be tolerated.
  12. I therefore call on our youths to discontinue the street protests and constructively engage government in finding solutions. Your voice has been heard loud and clear and we are responding.
  13. And I call on all Nigerians to go about their normal businesses, and enjoin security agencies to protect lives and properties of all law abiding citizens without doing harm to those they are meant to protect. Let me pay tribute to officers of the Nigeria Police Force who have tragically lost their lives in the line of duty.
  14. I would like to thank those state Governors, traditional and religious leaders who have appealed for calm and restraint. I also thank youth leaders who have restrained their followers from taking the law into their hands.
  15. This government respects and will continue to respect all the democratic rights and civil liberties of the people, but it will not allow anybody or groups to disrupt the peace of our nation.

Thank you all. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Continue reading
Image

UPDATE: Angry Mob Burns Down Lagos State Governor’s Family Home On Lagos Island |The Republican News

Sanwo-Olu family home set ablaze

Eniola Akinkuotu

Irate youths on Wednesday set ablaze the family home of Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Omididun Street, throwing stones at the house.

Sanwo-Olu had imposed a curfew on the state due to the #EndSARS protests. Soldiers were subsequently called in and eyewitnesses claimed seven persons, mostly youths, died in the attack.

Eyewitnesses told The PUNCH that one of the youths holding a jerry can of petrol was seen soaking the house in petrol but was quickly stopped by residents for fear that the fire could spread uncontrollably.

Moments after, however, the youths succeeded in burning down the house.

The eyewitness, who wished to remain anonymous, said, “Around 7.45am, angry youths gathered around Sanwo-Olu’s family home on Omididun Street, Lagos Island, throwing stones and shattering glasses.

“One of the youths poured petrol on the building but was immediately prevented from setting it ablaze because the fire could spread and lead to loss of lives.

“However, the youths soon gathered again and burnt down the house. The fire is currently spreading but firefighters have arrived at the scene.”

It was learnt that policemen attached to the Adeniji Adele Police Station had raced to the scene in a bid to quell the violence. (Punch)

Continue reading
Image

SHOCKING: [Photos] See Vandalism Left Behind By Okorocha At Imo Governor’s House |RN

By Ike A. Offor

The new governor of Imo state, H.E. Emeka Ihedioha took some dignitaries, press men and women around the state government house, formally known as Douglas House to show them the extent of unpatriotic vandalism left behind by the former governor, Rochas Okorocha. The site of the sheer vandalism carried out in the state house is mind-boggling that one wonders what is the ethnics for handing over to a new governor in the country.

The governor who took a tour of the entire Douglas House with the press men and women and other state dignitaries, looked very shocked at the state of the buildings and rooms.

Governor Ihedioha touring the Douglas House premises
The ceiling of this room was yanked off and the air conditioner destroyed

The destruction seemed deliberate to make sure that the incoming occupants will have a lot of works to do before settling in. Perhaps, this is a way of telling him that ‘I don’t like you’ kind of expression

Another ceiling seemed peeled and lightings removed
The generators obviously nowhere to be seen except their doors.
Could anyone imagine that this is a toilet in the governor’s house in Douglas House in Owerri?
This air conditioner is completely peeled off as if in an abandoned house.
This is the governor’s office
Tables, chairs and walls are in dilapidated condition.
Filthy broken tables, and very untidy floor with books, spent drugs sachets, books, cream bottles and many other items left on the floor
Gov. Ihedioha shocked by the cracks on the wall and the filthy nature of the entire room
Gov. Ihedioha with a shcoked facial expression and chating with pressmen and women
The ceiling completely dirtyand partly broken and peeled off and the chandelier masked by dust.
Governor Ihedioha touring the Douglas House building
Gov. Ihedioha with his wife and personal security behind him

Looking at this entire photos and the exact state of the buildings and their rooms, one wonders if the former governor and his family actually lived or used these rooms, toilets and other amenties in the entire premises.

Even if they were too rich to have lived somewhere else, why would a former governor hand over such dilapidated house or building to his successor?

This is clearly a deliberate destruction

Does it mean that there are no ethnics on what the state of the building and rooms should be before handing over to the next occupants?

Subscribe to The Republican News. Advertise with us. Call us for press release, enquiries. Email: RepublicanNewsNetwork1@gmail.com, phone: +2348189650279, +32466100102, +32497220468.

https://facebook.com/TheRepublicanNews, https://twitter.com/RNNetwork1, https://instagram.com/therepublicannews1