Image

UFC Legend, Ronda Rousey Trains For Wrestling Career With WWE Star Natalya

Neil Docking
                  © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited 

UFC legend Ronda Rousey has released a new video showing her training for a future wrestling career with WWE superstar Natalya.

The former UFC women’s bantamweight champion has long been rumoured to be preparing to compete at WrestleMania 34 next year.

Rousey has previously dabbled in ring work at the Santino Bros. Wrestling Academy in California, run by Joey Kaos and Mongol Santino.

a person wearing a costume: Credits: © WWE             © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: © WWE  

Current WWE superstar The Brian Kendrick’s school is now featured in a new trailer for the launch of Ronda Rousey’s upcoming website.

The video shows the 30-year-old mixed martial arts icon practising in the ring with former WWE Smackdown Live Women’s Champion Natalya.

Natalya Neidhart, 35, from Calgary, Canada, is the world’s first third-generation female wrestler and a member of the famous Hart family.

Related: Ronda Rousey Is Stopped 48 Seconds Into Comeback At UFC 207 |The Republican News

Training with Natalya, the daughter of wrestler Jim ‘The Anvil’ Neidhart and Ellie Hart – the daughter of Stu Hart – shows Rousey is stepping things up a gear.

Natalya is a two-time WWE world champion and was the first woman to train in the legendary Hart family ‘Dungeon’ with her uncles Bret and Ross Hart.

There is also a clip featuring Rousey working out in what appears to be WWE’s acclaimed Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.

More footage shows the Olympic bronze medallist in judo backstage and ringside at WWE’s Mae Young Classic tournament in July. Last month Rousey attended an NXT show in her home city of Riverside, California, hugging Japanese star Kairi Sane on her way to the ring.

Related: Ronda Rousey’s Mum Wants Her To Retire Following Loss At UFC 207 |The Republican News

There is speculation the Four Horsewomen of MMA will face the Four Horsewomen of NXT at WrestleMania 34 on April 8, 2018.

The Four Horsewomen of MMA are Rousey, Marina Shafir, Jessamyn Duke and Shayna Baszler – the latter now signed to WWE.

The Four Horsewomen of NXT are SmackDown Live members Charlotte and Becky Lynch, plus Raw’s Sasha Banks and Bayley.

Both groups take their self-adopted nickname from arguably the greatest stable in professional wrestling history – The Four Horsemen.

The original dominant faction, led by Charlotte’s dad Ric Flair, also included Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard and Ole Anderson.

The women had a face-off at the Mae Young Classic in July – when Baszler reached the final before losing to Sane – hinting at a future feud.

Rousey was also part of an in-ring segment with The Rock, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon at WrestleMania 31 back in 2015.

person standing in front of a store: Credits: © WWE          © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: © WWE  

After a confrontation she got physical with both Stephanie and Triple H and has since been training for a professional wrestling debut.

In October, Triple H, WWE’s executive vice president of talent, live events and creative, said the interest between the parties was mutual.

“Ronda has made no secret her whole career that she has been a huge fan of WWE growing up,” The Game said.

Credits: Zuffa LLC via Getty © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: Zuffa LLC via Getty  

“She has been on record saying WWE is probably some of the most fun that she has ever had in her entire career.”

HHH, aka Paul Levesque, added: “I have been out there publicly saying that if she wants the opportunity, I am happy to give it to her.

“She is looking for the opportunity, so it seems like a perfect match-up. I am excited to have the conversation with her and see where it goes.”

A clash involving all eight women at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana next year would certainly be a marquee attraction. (Mirror)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

‘Dance For Me, Boy’: Mayweather And McGregor Feud At NSFW Press Event

 

Floyd Mayweather Jr and Conor McGregor met face to face on Tuesday for the first time, at least publicly, as they kicked off a four-city, three-country international press tour to drum up interest in their 12-round super welterweight matchup on 26 August at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Both men lived up – or down, depending on your perspective – to their reputations as two of the most profane, outspoken trash-talkers in all of the sports. Yet their collective showmanship, a side course in most contexts, is as essential an ingredient as ever as they promote an event that’s not expected to offer much in the way of authentic competition. It is, after all, an undefeated boxing champion with titles in five weight classes against an opponent with no professional boxing experience.

McGregor, the two-division UFC from Dublin, was first onto the stage at the 21,000-seat home of the city’s pro basketball and hockey teams. He was dressed smartly in a pinstripe suit with a pink tie but he stood alone and exposed as if he missed a cue. Surely, that was no accident. If the complete lack of UFC branding on the building wasn’t a clear enough signal: this was a Mayweather production.

Moments later, Mayweather entered from the back of the room surrounded by his linebacker-sized bodyguards and entourage. He took the stage in a star-spangled The Money Team jumper, one that McGregor was quick to zero in on when he finally had his turn at the microphone after a brief introduction from Dana White, who never appeared more like a fifth wheel given how the UFC has been marginalised from the promotion.

“He’s in a f*****g track suit,” McGregor said to the delight of the crowd, before taking shots at Mayweather’s reported tax troubles. “He can’t even afford a suit anymore! The Rolls is a 2012 outside. He is f****d!”

Added McGregor: “There’s no other way about it. His little legs, his little core, his little head. I’m going to knock him out inside of four rounds, mark my words.

“The movement, the power, the ferociousness. He’s not experienced this. He’s fought people who have shied away from him. I don’t fear this limited set of fighting. This is a limited set of rules that makes this half a fight, a quarter of a fight. If this was a true fight, it wouldn’t even take one round. … What can I say, I’m a young confident happy man that has worked extremely hard for this.”

Floyd Mayweather Jr v Conor McGregor: Floyd Mayweather Jr and Conor McGregor met face to face for the first time in public at Tuesday’s kickoff press conference in Los Angeles.© AP Floyd Mayweather Jr and Conor McGregor met face to face for the first time in public at Tuesday’s kickoff press conference in Los Angeles.  

Mayweather absorbed McGregor’s verbal jabs from his chair, arms crossed, looking almost bored and disinterested. It’s a disposition many expect he’ll reprise in the later rounds of their 26 August meeting in which he’s been installed as a better than 10-1 favourite, but he came alive when the microphone came his way.

After leading the crowd in his “hard word, dedication” mantra, Mayweather’s unleashed a profane tirade as he stalked back and forth across the stage with the energy of a revivalist preacher.

“You line ‘em up and I knock ‘em down like bowling pins,” he said. “On August 26th, I’m gonna knock this b***h out too.”

McGregor fired back from the side – “You haven’t knocked anyone out in about 20 years!” – but only those watching from close range could hear it. Of course, his microphone had been switched off, undercutting the chances of the back-and-forth dialogue many had turned out for.

“Dance for me, boy!” cried McGregor at one point. “Dance for me, son!”

Mayweather ignored the thinly veiled race-baiting, calling for an assistant to bring over a backpack from which he pulled out a $100m check – ostensibly his payday from his 2015 blockbuster fight with Manny Pacquiao.

“Give me that backpack!” Floyd shouts to an assistant, before pulling out a $100m check from his last fight.

“He looks good for, for a seven-figure fighter, he looks good for an eight-figure fighter,” Mayweather yelled to the crowd. “But m**********r, I’m a nine-figure fighter. This b***h made three million dollars his last fight. But we know that’s training camp money for me.”

McGregor fired back from his chair, saying that Mayweather should give the money to the US government.

“You right, I’m the IRS,” Mayweather said, prepared for the line of attack. “I’m gonna tax your a**.”

He continued: “I’m an old man. I’m not the same fighter I was 20 years ago, I’m not the same fighter I was 10 years ago, I’m not the same fighter I was five years ago, heck, I’m not the same fighter I was two years ago, but I can beat you.”

“We knew I was the A-side,” Mayweather said. “That’s why it says Mayweather first. That’s why this b***h had to come to the boxing ring.”

The American then took aim at McGregor’s three career losses by submission.

“We know Mr Tapout like to quit and you will,” Mayweather said. “You going out on your face or you going out on your back. Which way you want to go? Which way do you wanna go?

McGregor paused for a beat, saying nothing. A tactical mistake.

“That’s right, be quiet you little b***h.”

Eventually, the fighters came together for the traditional staredown. Dana White was forced, it seemed, to separate them.

The same routine will be repeated as the world promotional tour chugs on Toronto on Wednesday, New York City on Thursday, London on Friday.  (The Guardian)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

%d bloggers like this: