Image

Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-Rufai Tells Igbo, Others |RN

 

 

nasirel_rufai

Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai

ABUJA — Amid agitation by leaders of the South East for the creation of an additional state in the zone, Kaduna State governor and chairman of ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Committee on True Federalism, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has declared that it would be a grave injustice to agitate for “equal by unequals”.

 

According to him, even in population and resources, the regions of the country are not uniformly endowed.

He, however, said though the representatives of the agitators were few in number, “the majority must always win.”

Speaking at a town hall meeting organised by his committee to get inputs from youths, the governor said when people talk about restructuring, most proponents think of their zones while no one thinks of the country.

He said: “The greatest injustice is trying to make equals unequal and unequal equal; things are not done like that. What do I mean by that? There are those who have said that Nigeria and United States are the same.

“It is just like saying everyone who is six feet, five can play basketball. As human beings, we are equal but you cannot come and stand here and say we should create nine states in each zone, Nigeria is not equal, likewise the population and resources, you can’t do that.

“The representatives of the agitators are few in number and so the majority must always win. The president of the country exists, the Senate exists and there are 36 states of the federation.

‘’We the old ones are still here, some of us are good, some are bad, like the youths but you must learn to live with us because we are still here.

“Now, some people say because we have oil, let us have resource control. We must think of what is in the overall interest of Nigeria.

‘’By that, I mean what works for everyone. Because what works for one part of the county will not necessarily work for the other and so as long as we are from one country, we must seek for what is of the common good, not the one that serves one interest group.

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Advertisements
Image

Quit Notice: Kaduna Gov’t Gets Bench Warrant To Arrest Arewa Youths |RN

nasirelrufai
                      Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufa’i

Godwin Isenyo, Kaduna

The Kaduna State Government on Thursday said it had obtained a bench warrant from the court to arrest members of the Coalition of Northern Youths who gave October 1, 2017, as a deadline for Ndigbo in the North to quit or be forced out of the region.

This was despite the withdrawal of the quit notice by the group.

A coalition of northern groups, including the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum led Shettima Yerima, had in July given all the Igbo resident in the 19 states of the North a three-month ultimatum to quit or be forced out after the expiration of the October 1, 2017, deadline.

They also asked all northerners resident in the South-East to get prepared and return to the North.

The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai had earlier ordered the arrest of the principal actors who signed the ‘Kaduna declaration.’

The declaration was signed by Nastura Ashir Sharif (Arewa Citizens Action for Change); Ambassador Shettima Yerima (Arewa  Youth Consultative Forum); Aminu Adam (Arewa Youth  Development Foundation); Alfred Solomon (Arewa Students Forum); and Abdul-Azeez Suleiman (Northern Emancipation  Network) as well as JoshuaViashman (Northern Youth Vanguard).

However, on Thursday, the state government obtained a bench warrant from the court to arrest those that issued the quit notice ultimatum.

Addressing a press conference at the Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House, Kaduna, the state capital, El-Rufai’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr Samuel Aruwan, however, assured residents including the Igbo, that they had nothing to fear.

He said the assurance was given by the Kaduna State Government which commended all residents and communities in the state for their contributions to peace and harmony.

The government, he added, informed residents that law enforcement and security agencies were taking necessary actions to prevent any threat to peace.

Aruwan said the state government was steadfast about enforcing the law and in keeping the peace, disclosing that the government had taken further actions in relation to those persons that were threatening the liberty of other citizens.

“The government has obtained a bench warrant for their arrest, after filing a formal criminal complaint,” he said.

Aruwan added, “The Kaduna State Government notes, with commendation, the efforts of the residents of our diverse state to uphold peace in their communities. The government and the security agencies are working to prevent any threat to this cherished harmony. Vigorous security patrols will continue as part of concrete actions to reassure residents and demonstrate that bad behaviour is unwelcome and will not be tolerated.

“When some elements barged into our state capital to deliver an illegal ultimatum to a section of our community, the government condemned it and ordered the arrest of those concerned. The Kaduna State Government followed up with a formal criminal complaint to the police and has obtained a bench warrant against them. Therefore, anybody that sights them or is aware of their location should proudly discharge the civic duty of informing the police.

“The criminal complaint specifies the sections of the recently updated Penal Code Law of Kaduna State, 2017 that were violated by those that issued the illegal ultimatum. These include inciting disturbance: Section 78; disturbing public peace: Section 77; injurious falsehood: Section 373; unlawful assembly: Section 66; and criminal conspiracy: Section 59

“The formal criminal complaint and the bench warrant secured on the 8th August 2017 provide a basis to investigate, apprehend and ultimately prosecute the suspects.”  (Punch)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

Aisha Alhassan Denies News Of Her Threatening To Expose El-Rufai |RN

elrufai-lambast-Alhassan

– Minister of Women Affairs reacts to fake news circulating that she claimed El-Rufai has something to do with the kidnap of Chibok girls
– She debunked the news as totally untrue and a plot to cause dispute between her and other APC members
The Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan, has reacted to the fake news circulating in some online media that Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai has a hand in the kidnap of Chibok girls.
Alhassan is being accused by some online media of saying the Kaduna governor is involved in the Chibok girls kidnap.
The minister said the news that she claimed that the Kaduna governor knows something about the 2014 kidnap of over 200 secondary school girls in Chibok, Borno state, was totally untrue.
Alhassan, in a series of tweets, said the fake news was from enemies trying to plot a seed of discord between her and other members of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Her tweets read: “The attention of the Minister Of Women Affairs, Aisha Jummai Alhassan has been drawn to a statement allegedly made by her against Governor Nasir Elrufai.
“The statement allegedly made by her is another ploy by mischief makers to tarnish her hard earned reputation.
“The current APC government under President Buhari inherited series of problems from the past administration, the kidnap of the Chibok girls by the dreaded Boko Haram happens to be one of them and President Buhari and our military have been able to rescue some of them and checked Boko Haram’s excesses.
“Senator Jummai is not in possession of any security report and therefore will never have made the statement allegedly made by her against the person of Governor El Rufai.
“Boko Haram kidnapped many others, including women and children apart from Chibok Girls. And this government has been able to rescue most of them.
“The plot to cause bad blood between Senator Jummai and her APC will continue to hit the brick wall.  (Naij.com)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

I’ll Expose Your Role In Chibok Girls Kidnapping, Alhassan Threatens El-Rufai |RN

 

Senator-Aisha-Alhassan

Minister of Women Affairs, Senator Aisha Alhassan

The embattled Minister of Women Affairs, Amina Alhassan has threatened to expose Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir Elrufai and his role in Chibok girls kidnapping.

The Minister said she was surprised that a dirty character like Elrufai could even have the gut to comment against her preference for Alhaji Atiku Abubakar for 2019 Presidential race.

She said, there are a lot of things Nigerians needs to know about the planning and execution of Chibok girl kidnapping because those behind it will be unmasked very soon. The intention was very obvious, to defame and blackmail PDP and Jonathan out of power.

The Minister became angry by the comment credited to Elrufai where he was quoted as saying that Buhari was severely warned not to appoint Amina Alhassan as Minister.

Mallam Elrufai said Amina Alhassan’s leave Video, an indication that she has never been loyal to President Buhari from day one, noting that her loyalty lies with someone who is not even ready to support the party to success just because the person also want to become a president

In her response, Amina said those who know history well could tell about the treacherous nature of Elrufai who can go to any length to stab anyone just to rise politically, she said Elrufai was a nobody who was as poor as church rat if not for Atiku that brought him to political relevance.

Related: Aisha Alhassan Denies News Of Her Threatening To Expose El-Rufai |RN

The same Elrufai was among those who plotted against Jonathan by tactically supporting Boko Haram and Kidnapping of Chibok girls, the information is out there where he lied that Jonathan wanted to kill him and other top members of APC by raising a false alarm about sniper list. No sane Nigerians will take Elrufai serious because he is an unrepentant addicted liar.

The same Elrufai who claimed to be loyal to president is sponsoring some bloggers and his errand boys in the media to keep attacking and defaming Buhari, at least Nigerians and our party can see his deliberate action to blackmail the President when he released his memo to the media which was supposed to be a confidential memo to the President in his bid to tarnish and embarrass Baba Buhari.

I am not a coward, Buhari is my President and one of the fathers of my party APC, if I can’t be real with my choice of Atiku, then it would amount to eye service, I am not that kind of person.

Former President Obasanjo through his book “My Watch” gave a valid description of who the midget Elrufai is, he thrives on stabbing the hands that fed him just to rise politically, he can lie and kill so far he will rise in his political career not minding the pain he is inflicting on others, one of such is his supervision of mass killing and hurriedly burying of over 1,000 Shiites killed in Kaduna.

I will personally meet with President Buhari and explain myself to him, I am not afraid of anybody in the party, after all, I am a politician, for those who have gone ahead to plant a corruption story about me in the media, you are just wasting your time she added.  (ScanNews)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

Four Herdsmen Killed In Southern Kaduna Attack |The Republican News

nasirel_rufai
                  Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufa’i

Godwin Isenyo

The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, on Saturday, said four of its members were killed by youths in the troubled Southern Kaduna.

According to the herdsmen, the youths, said to be from Kadara and Gwari communities in Kajuru Local Government Area, were responsible for the killings.

The National Secretary of the association, Ibrahim Abdullahi, speaking at a press conference in Kaduna, claimed the incident occurred when some kidnappers raided the communities and took away some villagers.

He noted that the youths took advantage of the incident and stormed the village, killing four of their members, including a brother to one of those kidnapped.

He said, “MACBAN wishes to condemn the recent unprovoked, unwarranted killing of its members in Kajuru Local Government Area by Kadara and Gwari communities.

“The killings followed a kidnap incident in which Fulani, Adara and Gbagyi people were victims. In fact, the brother and sister of one of the Fulani killed were kidnapped during the incident that led to the attack on the Fulani community.

“As soon as the kidnap was over, the communities decided to attack the nearest nomadic settlements, killing the four youths.”

Abdullahi alleged that there were deliberate attempts by some misguided individuals to ensure that violent crisis spread across the state.

“It started with the amputation of the hands of migratory nomads in Maho village in Kachia Local Government Area, unprovoked attacks and burning of three nomadic settlements in Tsohon Damishi in Chikun Local Government Area, and now, these unjustifiable killings,” he added.

While calling on their members to remain calm and not to take laws into their hands, Abdullahi called on the relevant security agencies to apprehend all the perpetrators.

The Kaduna State Police Command could not confirm the incident as responses to a phone call and text message sent to the Acting Police Public Relations Officer, Mustapha Mohammed, were still being awaited as of the time of filing this report. (Punchng.com)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

Buhari Commends El-Rufai For Ordering Arrest Of Northern Youths Asking Ndigbo To Leave The North

El-RufaiBuhari

El-Rufai and Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has commended the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai for ordering the arrest of leaders of the Coalition of Northern Youths, CNY, for asking Igbos to vacate the North in three months.

Buhari’s commendation was disclosed by the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed on Wednesday.

The Minister, who took to his Twitter handle, @MohammedLai wrote: “The President Buhari commends the Kaduna state government for arresting those miscreants. Jobless youths.

“The Buhari Administration vehemently condemns such a wicked plan by faceless Northern youths to evict Igbos from the North. This is their country na.”

Recall that the spokesperson of a Northern Coalition group, Coalition of Northern Youths, CNY, Abdulaziz Suleiman, had ordered Igbos to vacate the region in three months.

Speaking yesterday, Suleiman had said the entire Northern Nigeria was tired of coexisting with the Igbos and asked that “all Igbos currently residing in any part of Northern Nigeria are hereby served notice to relocate within three months and all northerners residing in the East are advised likewise.

“The persistence for the actualization of Biafra by the unruly Igbo of South-Eastern Nigeria has lately assumed another alarming twist which involved the forceful lockdown of activities and denial of other people’s right to free movement in the South-East by the rebel Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and its overt and covert sponsors.”

  (DailypostNigria)

Continue reading

Image

Ecological Fund: Jonathan Takes No Responsibility For Anything, Says E-Rufai

JonathanEl-Rufai

Godwin Isenyo, Kaduna

The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, on Tuesday, reacted to former President Goodluck Jonathan’s comment that he lied over an issue relating to the Ecological Fund Report.

El-Rufai told the former President not to personalise the report and should wait for the presentation of the final report of the committee before responding.

It will be recalled that the Kaduna State governor headed the committee set up by the President Muhammadu Buhari administration to review how ecological fund was spent in 2013.

The former President had described the governor as a big liar, urging Nigerians never to take him seriously.

Jonathan stated this through his media aide, Ikechukwu Eze, while reacting to the disbursement of the ecological fund under his administration.

But on Tuesday, el-Rufai shot back at the former President, insisting that the interim report of the committee he headed detailed how the fund was disbursed to 17 states where each received N2bn direct support from the fund in 2013.

Addressing a news conference in Kaduna, the governor’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr Samuel Aruwan, listed the 17 states to include Abia, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Cross River, Gombe, Kaduna, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Ondo, Plateau, Ebonyi, Delta, Enugu and Taraba.

El-Rufai noted that there was no denying the fact that 19 other states and the Federal Capital Territory did not receive direct support, adding that ‘any perusal of this list shows clearly which party controlled them as of 2013’.

According to him, 15 of the 17 recipient states had governors from the Peoples Democratic Party while the governors of Ondo and Anambra were from PDP-allied parties.

He added that he merely called the attention of the National Economic Council and the public to the skewed way Jonathan allocated the ecological fund, insisting that as the head of the committee he had the right to do so.

He added, “Former President Goodluck Jonathan has responded to this disclosure by launching a personal attack on Mallam Nasir el-Rufai. He did not make a distinction between a committee of the National Economic Council and the person chairing it. While this is unfortunate and calculated at drawing headlines, Dr Jonathan strained to explain away this strange pattern of fund allocation. But the facts are not deniable. They are in official records and cannot be erased by slinging mud at people.

“As chairman of the NEC ad hoc Committee on the Ecological Fund, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai wishes to advise Dr Jonathan to wait for the presentation of the final report of the committee before he responds. While we all await the final report, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai wishes to respond to the personal attacks as follows:

“Former President Goodluck Jonathan is not a man that can take responsibility for anything. In March 2015, not long after making a concession call to President Buhari, he summoned his party and asked its leadership to reject the results of an election, whose winner he had congratulated in private. That effort at duplicity failed spectacularly and the will of the people prevailed.

“So, no one should be surprised that he is denying presiding over the skewed distribution of ecological fund. His denial begs the question. What special circumstances ensured that only states that were controlled by the PDP and its allied parties qualified for N2bn each? Is it not curious that not only were his allies the only ones who got the funds, but that the various ecological problems in all 17 states required the same N2bn across the states?

“The Almighty God makes it possible for the sun to shine on all. But Dr Jonathan exercised his powers as president as if he governed for only his party or his family.”  (Punchng.com)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading