Advertisements
Image

Army Unmask New Deadly Islamic Religious Sect, Hakika Islam |RN

boko-haram

 

Molly Kilete, Abuja

The Nigerian Army has alerted of the emergence of another deadly Islamic sect known as “Hakika Islamic.” The army said the group has strange doctrines similar to that of Boko Haram.

The sect, according to the army, is headed by one Yahaya Ibrahim and is currently recruiting young men and women; with operational bases around Ngwurore, in Yola South Local Government Area of Adamawa State and Toto Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.

Giving more insight into the activities of the sect, the army said the group has controversial doctrines. The sect, which is said to have been in existence for sometime now, according to Daily Sun sources, was beginning to give army authorities fighting counter-insurgency war in the North East big concern.

It was also gathered that already, the army authorities in Borno State have contacted the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS); to inform them about the existence of the sect.

Army informed the NIS in a July 4, 2018 letter.

The said letter, with reference number 192 BN/G3/240/57, was signed by one Lieutenant TG Iortyom on behalf of the Acting Commanding Officer in charge of 192 Battalion in Borno.

The letter, made available to Daily Sun, reads: “I am directed to connect security report from own high command and to inform you that information received that an Islamic Sect known as “Hakika” under the leadership of one Yahaya Ibrahim has emerged around Ngwurore in Yola South LGA of Adamawa State and Toto LGA of Nasarawa state.

“It was gathered that the group is currently on recruitment drive, with series of controversial doctrines from non-adherence to five days prayers, to non-observance of Ramadan, promotion of fornication and adultery among others. In view of the above, I am directed to request you disseminate this information to your men and monitor the activities of the newly formed sect in your Area of Responsibility, accordingly.”

When contacted, the Director of Defence Information, Brigadier General John Agim, confirmed the report and added that the military is already on top of the situation.

“We are investigating activities of the group; to ensure that they do not get out of hand and cause havoc with their activities in the country,” said Agim.  (The Sun)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

 

Advertisements
Image

ISIS Smuggling Jihadists Into Nigeria From Syria – Report |RN

ISIS-Jihadists

 

Adelani Adepegba, Leye Aluko with agency report

Leaders of the terrorist group, Islamic State, are sneaking battle-hardened jihadis from Syria into Nigeria to train terrorists for possible attacks in Britain.

Fanatics, including Boko Haram insurgents, were also being sent to the Middle East for training in a chilling “exchange programme,” The UK SUN reported on Monday.

The paper said there were fears that strong links between Nigeria and the UK would make it easier for IS to send its killers to Britain to orchestrate terror attacks, death and destruction.

It noted that more than 150 British troops are conducting counter-terror training with Nigerian forces in an attempt to stem the bloody tide — and stop IS from taking hold in the West African region.

At one training mission in Kaduna, a senior Nigerian Air Force commander revealed how local jihadi groups were learning from IS after swearing allegiance to its black flag.

Group Captain Isaac Subi, 46, who has been fighting terrorism across Africa since 1991, said, “They come and train their fighters here and some of our insurgents too are granted access to their training in Yemen and Syria, acquiring those skills and they come back and teach others.

“They have this exchange programme of fighters.”

The report stated that the poisonous influence of the fighters had already ended in horror attacks on British streets, citing the stabbing to death of Fusilier Lee Rigby in 2013 in London by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale, both of Nigerian descent.

The Nigeria Immigration Service spokesman, Sunday James, said the agency has strengthened border security to ensure that “no foreign entity is allowed by whatever means into the country by land, air or waterways.”

He added in a statement that NIS operatives have been proactive, “going by the several arrests in recent past around the country by the Special Border Patrol Corps operatives of the NIS trained and deployed to carry out reconnaissance patrol.”

James admonished Nigerians to report suspicious individuals or groups to the Immigration Service or other security agencies for necessary action.  (Punch)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

BREAKING NEWS: ISIS Gunman Who Killed 3 In France Supermarket Terror Attack Shot Dead

Peter Allen
 (Video provided by Fox News)
A gunman claiming allegiance to ISIS who holed himself up inside a French supermarket after killing three people in a terror attack has been shot and killed by police.The attacker told police hostage negotiators he wanted a terrorist involved in the Paris attacks to be released from jail, as officials fear they will find more victims.

a car parked on the side of a building: <p>The incident is being treated as terrorism by French prosecutors</p>                     © Provided by Trinity Mirror Plc

The incident is being treated as terrorism by French prosecutors

Police stormed the supermarket in in the town of Trebes at roughly 1.45pm and shot the attacker. A policeman has reportedly suffered a gunshot wound.
The gunman, believed to have been carrying grenades and a handgun, was heard shouting “Allahu Akbar” and “vengeance for Syria” during his rampage in the neighbouring towns of Trebes and Carcassonne.

A shattered car window at the scene in Carcassonne     © Maxppp/PA Images A shattered car window at the scene in Carcassonne

He claimed allegiance to ISIS during the attack, say, prosecutors, with reports saying he was a Moroccan national in his 30s who was flagged as a potential extremist and known to the authorities.

His mother, who lives in Carcassonne, was taken to the supermarket by police in an effort to persuade him to surrender.

France has been on high alert following a string of jihadist attacks        © AFP France has been on high alert following a string of jihadist attacks

The drama unfolded around 11am when a police officer was wounded in a drive-by shooting while he was out for a jog with colleagues in Carcassonne.

A short time later, about 20 hostages were taken at a branch of Super U in Trebes – a 15-minute drive away – where a butcher and a shopper were killed.

The terrorist has reportedly called for the release of Salah Abdeslam© AFP The terrorist has reportedly called for the release of Salah Abdeslam

A third victim was later found dead in a ditch in Carcassonne near the police barracks with a gunshot wound to the head. Another victim was also seriously injured.

At 1.45pm there were reports police had stormed the supermarket and shot the attacker. A source said the gunman’s mother and sister were brought to the scene to try to convince him to surrender.

The gunman was known to the French intelligence service and his name was on an anti-radicalisation list which was created after the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris in January 2015 to identify and monitor people who may carry out a terror attack.

Negotiators were in contact with the man, who demanded the release of Salah Abdeslam, the only surviving terrorist involved in the November 2015 attacks in Paris that killed 130 people, sources told French media.

Abdeslam, who has refused to answer questions at his trial in Brussels, is a Belgium-born French national of Moroccan descent. He was captured by anti-terror police in Brussels in March 2016.

Police investigate the scene where officers were shot at in Carcassonne© Maxppp/PA Images Police investigate the scene where officers were shot at in Carcassonne

He was charged with participation in terrorist murder and participation in the activities of a terrorist organization and attempted murder over a shootout with police which occurred days earlier as he eluded capture during a raid.

He is currently in solitary confinement in a high-security prison near Paris while awaiting trial. Abdeslam has admitted helping coordinate the 2015 attacks but failed to let off his suicide bomb vest out the Stade de France, France’s national sports stadium, during a football match between France and Germany.

The gunman demanded the release of a man involved in the Paris attacks, it was reported© AFP The gunman demanded the release of a man involved in the Paris attacks, it was reported

A source close to the investigation in Trebes said: “The hostage taker is in touch with police negotiators and has called for the release of Abdeslam.”

Trebes’ mayor, Eric Menassi, has told French media that there are “two victims” -a worker and a customer – inside the supermarket, which has been surrounded by heavily armed police.

There were fears that the death toll would climb© Maxppp/PA Images There were fears that the death toll would climb

Terrified shoppers fled the supermarket as the gunman stormed the building shouting “Allah Akbar” and “You are bombing Syria, you will die”, local media reported.

Around 20 hostages in the supermarket were released shortly after 12.15pm, but a police officer remained inside with the gunman. There were fears the suspect was armed with grenades, a handgun and knives.

About eight people were taken hostage at the supermarket© Reuters About eight people were taken hostage at the supermarket

A source in the town said: “A butcher in the U-Supermarket has been shot dead. The gunman was heard shouting slogans about the war in Syria. He says he is representing Islamic State.”

“Allahu Akbar” and “Vengeance for Syria” were heard by riot police officers who were attacked by the suspect while out jogging in civilian running gear, it was reported.

It was suggested the attacks were in response to a bombing campaign in Syria© AFP It was suggested the attacks were in response to a bombing campaign in Syria

The officers were all members of the CRS 57 (Republic Security Companies) unit, based at Carcassonne. All were off duty when they were attacked, around two miles from the supermarket.

Local media were reporting that the officers were shot at by a gunman in a car and then tried to pursue the attacker, but he drove off.

Police surround the Super U supermarket in Trebes in the south of France© Reuters Police surround the Super U supermarket in Trebes in the south of France

Five shots were fired and one of the officers was hit in the shoulder. He was rushed to the nearest hospital.

After the shooting, the suspect fled to Trebes, where he took hostages in the supermarket and held police at bay for hours.

The attacks are being treated as an act of terrorism         © AFP The attacks are being treated as an act of terrorism

Carcassonne and Trebes, about 85 miles south-west of Montpelier, are in an area hugely popular with British second homeowners, expats, and holidaymakers.

If a link to ISIS is confirmed, Friday morning’s attack would be the first major terror incident on French soil since the election of centrist President Emmanuel Macron in May last year.

a close up of a tree: <p>The incident is happening in Trebes in the south of France</p>                      © Provided by Trinity Mirror Plc

The incident is happening in Trebes in the south of France

France has been on high alert following a string of jihadist attacks since 2015. In January of that year, an attack on the offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo left 12 people dead.Later in 2015, in November, ISIS terrorists killed 130 people when they attacked multiple locations in Paris, including bars, restaurants, the Bataclan concert venue and the national stadium.

a car parked in a parking lot: <p>The hostages are being held in a Super U supermarket which has been surrounded by police</p>

 

The hostages are being held in a Super U supermarket which has been surrounded by police

In July 2016, in another attack claimed by ISIS, a man drove a truck through revellers celebrating Bastille Day in the southern coastal city of Nice, killing 84 people.
A state of emergency put in place just after the Paris attacks in 2015 was finally lifted in October last year, but soldiers continue to patrol major tourist sites and transport hubs under an anti-terror mission.      (Mirror)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

Dapchi Girls: We’ll Not Abandon Christian Student Still In Custody – Buhari

By Anule Emmanuel

 

Buhari-Muhammadu

President Muhammadu Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed that his government will ensure that no one group in the country imposes its religious beliefs on others in Nigeria. The President, who stated this yesterday, also assured that the Federal Government will not abandon the only girl from Government Girls’ Science and Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe State still in custody of the Boko Haram sect. Buhari, in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said he was committed to the freedom of the only Dapchi schoolgirl still in captivity.

“The Buhari administration will not relent in efforts to bring Leah Sharibu safely back home to her parents as it has done for the other girls after she was held back by the terrorists over her decision, as reported, not to convert from Christianity to Islam. “President Buhari is fully conscious of his duty under the constitution to protect all Nigerians, irrespective of faith, ethnic background or geopolitical location and will not shirk in this responsibility. “The President is equally mindful of the fact that true followers of Islam all over the world respect the injunction that there is no compulsion in religion.

“To this effect, no one or group can impose its religion on another. His heart goes out to the isolated parents who must watch others rejoice while their own daughter is still away. “The lone Dapchi girl, Leah, will not be abandoned,” he said. The President told the Sharibu family that the government will ensure that the girl is reunited with her parents. (New Telegraph)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

France Passes Bill To Close Mosques Preaching Hatred |The Republican News

SONY DSC

France’s parliament has adopted an anti-terrorism bill that will bolster police surveillance powers and make it easier to close mosques suspected of preaching hatred.

Before the vote, Interior Minister Gerard Collomb described France as being “still in a state of war” as authorities struggle to deal with the threat posed by foreign jihadists and homegrown militants.

Since 2015 more than 240 people have been killed in France in attacks by assailants who pledged allegiance to, or were inspired by, Islamic State.

The latest attack took place on Sunday when suspected Islamist Ahmed Hanachi cried ‘Allahu akbar’ before fatally stabbing two women outside Marseille’s main train station.

Legislators in the lower house adopted the bill by a margin of 415 to 127.

“Lawmakers realise that today’s threat is serious and that we must protect ourselves against terrorists. This must be done in a way that balances security and freedom,” Collomb told reporters after the vote. “This text will help protect French people.”

Emergency powers that were put in place after the Bataclan theatre attack in November 2015 have already played a significant role in enabling intelligence agencies to disrupt plots, according to the French government.

The new legislation would see many of those emergency powers enshrined in law, with limited oversight from the judiciary.

The interior ministry, without approval from a judge, will be able to set up security zones when there is a threat.

Security forces will be able to restrict the movement of people and vehicles in and out of these zones.

They will also have the power to carry out searches inside theses zones.

The interior ministry will have more power to shut down mosques and other places of worship if intelligence agencies believe religious leaders are inciting violence in France or abroad or justifying acts of terrorism.

Police will also have greater powers to raid private property if they have judicial approval, and there will be an increased ability to impose restrictions on people’s movements, including via electronic surveillance tags if they are regarded as a threat to national security.

A parliamentary commission will now seek compromise on amendments put forward by the Senate and Assembly before a second reading and definitive vote, expected in mid-October.

President Emmanuel Macron, painted by rivals as weak on security during his election campaign, has already acted to bolster counter-terrorism efforts, creating a task force in June to improve coordination among France’s multiple intelligence agencies.

The anti-terrorism bill has met little resistance from the public, with people still on edge after the series of Islamist-related attacks, but rights campaigners say it will curb civil liberties.

“France has become so addicted to the state of emergency that it is now injecting several of these abusive measures into ordinary law,” Human Rights Watch said in a statement.

It added that French parliament members had chosen the politics of fear over the protection of hard-won civil liberties and urged parliament and the judiciary to closely monitor how the government uses its new power.

Nonetheless, some conservative opponents of Macron say the draft legislation, which is not as all-encompassing as the state of emergency currently allows, does not go far enough.

“We need to rearm the state,” right-wing lawmaker Eric Ciotti said in a radio interview before the vote. He called for authorities to have greater powers to expel foreigners who threaten public safety. (Mailonline)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

%d bloggers like this: