Image

Gen. Buratai,CoAS, Allegedly Awarded $444,000 Contract To His Girlfriend, Maryam – US Journalist

A US-based Nigerian journalist, Jackson Ude, has fingered the Chief of Army Staff, Gen T. Buratai in an alleged fraud, which

Tukur-Buratai

 

In a tweet he made on his official handle, he stated how the Chief of Army Staff, awarded a $444k (N160m) contract to his girlfriend.

Read his post below..

Chief of Army Staff, Gen T. Buratai awarded a contract of $444k to his girlfriend, Maryam. Funds paid thru the Nigerian Army Ordnance Tailoring Factory to one 313 Bureau De Change in Wuse Zone 4 Abuja. 313 wired the $444k to a Bank account in Dubai linked to Gen Burutai.

Mr Jackson has prior to the election revealed how the presidency cabal, namely Abba Kyari, Alhaji Funtua, Lawal Daura and Maman Daura have connived to defraud the DSS of N5 billion out of the N10 billion national budget for DSS to cover its national election budget.

BREAKING: N5bn Loot In DSS By Buhari’s Relatives Bursted, Whistblower Goes Public |RN

All these revelations meant nothing to President Buhari, who is purportedly fighting his own definition of corruption in his own terms, irrespective of the odds against such despicable charade.

 

Subscribe to The Republican News. Advertise with us. Call us for press release, enquiries. Email: RepublicanNewsNetwork1@gmail.com, phone: +32497220468, 2348189650279, +32466100102

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1, http://www.Facebook.com/TheRepublicanNews, http://www.instgram.com/therepublicannews1

Continue reading

Advertisements
Image

FG Calls For Arrest Of Innoson Group Boss, Innocent Chukwuma, Two Others |RN

Innocent-Chukwuma1

Chairman Innoson Group, Chief Innocent Chukwuma

The Federal Government Monday urged the Federal High Court in Lagos to issue a bench warrant for Innoson Nigeria Limited’s chairman Mr. Innocent Chukwuma and two of his employees.

They were charged in a fraud case before Justice Ayokunle Faji.

The Police charged them with an alleged N2.4billion shipping fraud, but the Attorney-General of the Federation later took over the case.

Others named in the charge are Charles Chukwuma, Maximian Chukwura, Mitsui Osk Lines and Anajekwu Sunny.

The prosecution is praying the court to order the arrest of Innoson Motors Chairman and his staff for failing to turn up to take their plea in the criminal charge.

Yesterday, Chukwuma and his staff were absent.

Prosecuting Counsel Mr. Julius Ajakaiye moved an application urging the court to order the absent defendants’ arrest.

He said the charge was served on them through a court-ordered February 8, 2016 substituted service following the AGF’s take-over of the case.

Ajakaiye said since then, the third and fourth defendants had been coming to court, while the first, second and fifth defendants “have refused, failed and neglected to appear in court till date”.

Consequently, he said the defendants were yet to take their plea and should therefore be compelled to appear.

He added that an April 12, 2016 amended charge could not be served on the absent defendants.

Ajakaiye urged the court to grant his application by ordering their arrest.

But defence counsel Chief George Uwechue (SAN) Prof. C. Mbadugha prayed the court to dismiss the application.

They argued that the court lacked jurisdiction to issue the warrant against the defendants “because they were not properly before the court”.

They said the application offends Order 6 of the Federal High Court Civil Procedure Rules, adding that there was no proper service on their clients.

The prosecution accused the defendants of conspiring to unlawfully falsify shipping clearance documents.

They were accused of “uttering” (presenting) the allegedly falsified shipping documents as collateral to Guaranty Trust Bank Plc to allegedly obtain a loan of N2.4billion.

The Federal Government claimed that the defendants committed the offence at Apapa wharf on October 10, 2013.

The alleged offence is contrary to sections 1(2) (c) and 3(6) of the Miscellaneous Offences Act, Cap M17, Laws of the Federation 2004.

Justice Faji adjourned until July 3 for ruling.

Source: financialwatchngr.com

Subscribe to The Republican News. Advertise wit us. Call us for the press release, enquiries. Email: RepublicanNewsNetwork1@gmail.com, phone: +324972é0468, 23481819650279, 32466100102

Continue reading

Image

Fake AIG Caught With 11ATM Cards, 10 Cheque Books |The Republican News

Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

 

The police in Abuja have arrested a 59-year-old man said to be posing as a retired Assistant Inspector-General of Police at a bank in Kubwa, a satellite town in the Federal Capital Territory.

The suspect, Olawale Olatunji, was allegedly found with 11 Automatic Teller Machine cards and 10 chequebooks of different banks, which he claimed belonged to him.

Parading the suspect in Abuja on Wednesday, the FCT Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma, stated that Olatunji had posed as an AIG to defraud unsuspecting members of the public by promising to assist them to get contracts at the Police Air Wing Department.

Ciroma said, “On December 10, 2018, police operatives from the command arrested Olatunji, who had been parading himself as a retired AIG.

“The suspect had under the same pretext defrauded unsuspecting members of the public by offering to help them secure contracts at the Police Air Wing.

“In the course of investigation, fake Police Air Wing receipts, fake contract documents, 11 ATM cards, 10 chequebooks and letterheads of different companies were recovered from him as exhibits.”

Olatunji admitted ownership of the seized items, including the fake Police Air Wing receipts, but denied defrauding people.

“A pastor introduced me to someone as a retired AIG, but I didn’t defraud anyone. The ATM cards and chequebooks are for my bank accounts, which were opened for my business with different companies,” he claimed.

The suspect asked the police to charge him to court, insisting that he was not a criminal.

The police also paraded Ola Olusoji and Kola Akintola, who allegedly dispossessed one Tony Wanah of his Toyota Corolla car after stabbing him with a pair of scissors.

Wanah was later certified dead by doctors at the Kubwa General Hospital, where he was rushed to for medical attention.  (Punch)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

Aisha Buhari’s ADC, Sani Baba-Inna Released From DSS Detention |RN

 

The Department of State Services (DSS) has reportedly released the Aide De Camp (ADC) to Wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, Aisha.

The First Lady had, last Friday, accused her ADC, Sani Baba-Inna of fraud.

Mrs Buhari said Mr Baba-Inna collected cash gifts totalling N2.5 billion from politicians and businesses over three years but kept it to himself. She asked the police to retrieve the money, and publicly asked persons who may have given money to Mr Baba-Inna to demand same from him.

However, police investigations, according to sources in the police, failed to trace such huge amount to the ADC.

Dissatisfied, Mrs Buhari reportedly asked the DSS to take over the case.

Spokesperson of the service, Peter Afunanya, who confirmed the arrest to PREMIUM TIMES on Tuesday said investigation was in progress.

Mr Baba-Inna’s elder brother, Farouq Baba-Inna, told PREMIUM TIMES Thursday afternoon that he has been released.

“He has just been released and I am on my way to see him,” he said.

A call to Mr Afunanya was not answered and is yet to be returned as at press time.      (The Sun)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

BREAKING: Trump’s Ex-campaign Chief, Manafort, Guilty Of Fraud |RN

    Donald Trump’s former campaign chief Paul Manafort

Donald Trump’s former campaign chief Paul Manafort was found guilty of fraud Tuesday, in the first trial resulting from the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

While the jury was unable to reach a verdict on 10 counts, prompting the judge to declare a partial mistrial, Manafort was found guilty on the eight remaining counts including tax fraud, bank fraud and failure to declare foreign bank accounts.

(AFP)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

Nigerian Businessman Loses N177.5m To Chinese Fraudster, Sues Bank

IkoyiEFCCcash2

Cash found in a flat in Ikoyi, Lagos, The Republican News

Oladimeji Ramon

A Nigerian businessman, Umegelo Emmanuel, has dragged Zenith Bank Nigeria Plc before the Lagos State High Court in Igbosere after being allegedly swindled out of his N177, 500, 000 by a Chinese, whose name, was given only as Ms Muna.

The businessman is urging the court to compel Zenith Bank to pay him the N177.5m, which he allegedly lost to the Chinese fraudster.

Emmanuel, in his statement of claim before the court, explained that he entered into a business agreement with Muna, who has a business interest in Nigeria, for the Chinese to help him purchase some goods from her country, China.

Emmanuel said because of his long-standing banking relationship with Zenith Bank, he insisted that Muna should provide a Zenith Bank account.

The businessman said, as a result, the Chinese provided him with a Zenith Bank Account No: 1005689704, with an account name, Xian Fang Li.

Emmanuel said he confirmed that the account existed before transferring the N177.5m into it.

“But shortly after the money was paid into the account, Ms Muna refused to deliver the goods and subsequently stopped picking my calls and blocked all my access to her contact.

“I have visited China twice in search of Ms Muna and had even reported the matter to the Chinese police and the Chinese Embassy but all my efforts to locate the said Ms Muna has proved abortive,” the businessman said.

He said an investigation by the police in Nigeria showed that “the utility bills presented in opening the Xiang Fang Li account were fictitious and the signature of one of the purported referees to the Xiang Fang Li account, Mr  Kazeem Lawal, was conclusively found to be forged.”

The businessman contended that the bank did not do its due diligence “to verify the true identity of the account holder, the true identity of the referees supplied during the account opening as well as the validity of the account opening documents.”

He is, therefore, seeking, among other prayers, “a declaration that the defendant is negligent and reckless in her duties to the claimant and the public in general.”

He wants the court to make  an order “mandating the defendant to refund the sum of N177,000,090 to the claimant being the sum lost by the claimant due to the negligence of the defendant.”

He wants the court to award N10m against the bank “as general damages against the defendant for breach of contract.”

Emmanuel wants the money to be paid with 15 per cent interest before judgment and 21 per cent post-judgment.

But the bank has urged the court to dismiss the businessman ’s suit against it.

While absolving itself of complicity in Emmanuel’s loss, Zenith Bank contended that Emmanuel did not contact it for advice on the alleged business transaction he had with Muna before paying the sum of N177.5 into the supplied account.

“The claimant failed to request a bank guarantee of the alleged sum from or requested that the defendant issue a confirmation or a letter of comfort before dealing with both Ms Muna and Xian Fang Li.”

The court has yet to fix a date to hear the suit.  (Punch)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading