Image

Atiku Abubakar Demands Apology And N5000m From Lauretta Onochie For Defamation

PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar and Buhari’s Special Aide on Socal media, Lauretta Onochie


by Oluchisim Fred

Atiku Abubakar, the PDP Presidential candidate in the 2019 election has demanded an apology and N500m from Lauretta Onochie over alleged defamation. Atiku through his lawyer Mike Ozekhome, threatened to begin a N2 billion suit against her if she refused to meet his demands, following her claims that he was placed on a watch list in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).


However, in a letter which countered the claim, Atiku Abubakar demanded an apology and N500m from Lauretta Onochie over the alleged defamation. He further asked her to publish a retraction in six national newspapers and one international daily, as well as on social media.


The letter reads: “Your odious publication is clearly also aimed at rubbishing our client’s image and reputation,” the letter read.“It has caused him national and international backlash and embarrassment and done incalculable damage to him. Your publication has also caused our client, in the eyes of reasonable members of the public, unspeakable odium, obloquy, hatred, ridicule and psychological trauma.“He has thereby been subjected to the shame and infamy of being viewed by members of the public as not only corrupt but as a terrorist and sponsor of terrorism. Numerous telephone calls, emails, visits, letters and private social media chats by his family members, friends, political and business associates, and international statesmen and women in the last few days attest to the alarm and serious concerns generated by your false publication.” (unclesuru)

Subscribe to The Republican News. Advertise with us. Call us for press release, enquiries. Email: RepublicanNewsNetwork1@gmail.com, phone: +32497220468, +2348189650279, +32466100102.

https://facebook.com/TheRepublicanNews, https://twitter.com/RNNetwork1, https://instagram.com/therepublicannews1

Continue reading
Image

Looters’ List: Raymond Dokpesi Visa Revoked By US Government |RN

Raymond-Dokpesi1

Chairman DAAR Communications, Chief Raymond Dokpesi

Raymond Dokpesi, chairman of DAAR communications, says the US has revoked his visa after he was accused of looting Nigeria’s treasury.

Lai Mohammed, minister of information, had listed Dokpesi, among other chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), as those who looted public funds.

The media mogul is currently standing trial for allegedly receiving N2.1 billion from the office of the national security adviser (ONSA).

On Monday, Dokpesi dragged Mohammed to the FCT high court over the publication, seeking payment of N5billion damages for “defamation of character”.

He had earlier written the minister, threatening the lawsuit if his name is not retracted from the list.

In the suit filed by Mike Ozekhome, Dokpesi’s counsel, the PDP chieftain said the US embassy in Nigeria notified him of the withdrawal of his visa on March 16.

He said the embassy told him it was withdrawn because the federal government included his name on a ‘looters list’ it (the government) purportedly submitted to it.

“The defendants’ defamatory publications are malicious and calculated to overreach and prejudice my fair trial and for purposes of stampeding and cowing the court to convict me at all cost by agreeing with the defendants’ skewed position,” Dokpesi said in the suit.

The PDP chieftain asked the court to compel Mohammed to publish a retraction and an apology to him in various media platforms.

He also prayed for a perpetual injunction restraining the defendants — including Abubakar Malami, attorney-general of the federation — or their agents from further making “any defamatory publication” against him, requesting N50million as a penalty for such.

No date has been fixed for hearing on the suit.

Culled from The Cable

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

$5m Suit: Apostle Suleiman Urges Otobo To Confess Her Sins

ApostleSuleimanJohnson

Apostle Johnson Suleiman

Friday Olokor, Jos

The General Overseer of Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide, Apostle Johnson Suleman, on Sunday, advised his Canada-based accuser, Stephanie Otobo, to confess her sins for the allegations levelled against him before claiming to have repented.

The cleric also demanded to see, among other things, “the explosive incontrovertible evidence” she had boasted about; the travel documents “she promised to reveal and the nude pictures she claimed to have in her possession.”

While urging the public to take her claim of being ‘born again’ with a pinch of salt, the cleric said Otobo must provide answers to some salient questions over allegations that he had amorous relationship with her before she could be believed.

Suleman in a statement by his Communications Manager, Phrank Shaibu, expressed doubts about Otobo’s new claim of being born again, coming on the heels of the fresh suit instituted by her against him in Canada.

He stated, “A girl, who lied that she had her marriage introduction in the Apostle’s office, should be honest enough to do her damage control in the office of the court where she filed her suit by providing supporting proof rather than this suspicious ‘handing it over to the Lord’ when the time came for her to have her day in court.

“Apostle Johnson Suleman has refused to be blackmailed and his refusal has frustrated his accuser and her sponsors who now hope that this issue will die a natural death but you cannot play with the Lord’s servant and now go to Him without first confessing.”

The cleric pointed out that repentance must come before her accuser could claim to be born again.

Suleman added, “After besmirching the reputation of a man that she has never physically met, Stephanie Otobo, who filed a suit for $5m against Apostle Johnson Suleman in a Canadian court in abuse of court process, now claims she is born again and wants to put the whole saga behind her and forget the matter and withdraw the case?

“Her father called her a liar. Her mother called her a liar. Her best friend said she was a blackmailer and when given the chance to prove them all wrong, she suddenly becomes born again? No! We refuse to accept that. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. He who comes to the Lord must come with contrition.”  (Punchng.com)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading