Image

Cardinal George Pell, Ex Vatican Treasurer, Will Stand Trial On Sex Abuse Charges In Australia

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JULY 26:  Cardinal George Pell walks with a heavy Police guard to the Melbourne Magistrates' Court on July 26, 2017 in Melbourne, Australia. Cardinal Pell was charged on summons by Victoria Police at Melbourne Magistrates' Court on July 26, 2017 in Melbourne, Australia. Cardinal George Pell was charged on summons by Victoria Police on 29 June over multiple allegations of sexual assault. Cardinal George Pell is Australia's highest ranking Catholic and the third most senior Catholic at the Vatican, where he was responsible for the church's finances. Cardinal George Pell has leave from his Vatican position while he defends the charges.  (Photo by Michael Dodge/Getty Images)© 2017 Getty Images MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – JULY 26: Cardinal George Pell walks with a heavy Police guard to the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on July 26, 2017, in Melbourne, Australia. Cardinal Pell was… 

(MELBOURNE, Australia) — Australian Cardinal George Pell, the most senior Vatican official to be charged in the Catholic Church sex abuse crisis, must stand trial on charges that he sexually abused multiple victims decades ago, a magistrate ruled Tuesday.

Magistrate Belinda Wallington dismissed some of the charges that had been heard in the four-week preliminary hearing in Melbourne but decided the prosecution’s case against was strong enough to warrant a trial by jury.

When she asked Pell how he pleaded, the cardinal stood and said in a firm voice: “Not guilty.”

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JULY 26:  Cardinal George Pell walks with a heavy Police guard to the Melbourne Magistrates' Court on July 26, 2017 in Melbourne, Australia. Cardinal Pell was charged on summons by Victoria Police at Melbourne Magistrates' Court on July 26, 2017 in Melbourne, Australia. Cardinal George Pell was charged on summons by Victoria Police on 29 June over multiple allegations of sexual assault. Cardinal George Pell is Australia's highest ranking Catholic and the third most senior Catholic at the Vatican, where he was responsible for the church's finances. Cardinal George Pell has leave from his Vatican position while he defends the charges.  (Photo by Michael Dodge/Getty Images)© 2017 Getty Images MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – JULY 26: Cardinal George Pell walks with a heavy Police guard to the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on July 26, 2017, in Melbourne, Australia. Cardinal Pell was…

Lawyers for Australia’s highest-ranking Catholic had argued the accusations were untrue and should be dismissed.

Pell, Pope Francis’ former finance minister, was charged last June with sexually abusing multiple people in his Australian home state of Victoria. The details of the allegations against the 76-year-old have yet to be released to the public, though police have described the charges as “historical” sexual assault offences — meaning the crimes allegedly occurred decades ago.

His alleged victims testified in the first two weeks of the preliminary hearing via a video link from a remote location to a room closed to the media and public.

His lawyer Robert Richter told Wallington in his final submissions two weeks ago that the complainants might have testified against one of the church’s most powerful men to punish him for failing to act against abuse by clerics.

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JULY 26:  Cardinal George Pell walks with a heavy Police guard from the Melbourne Magistrates' Court on July 26, 2017 in Melbourne, Australia. Cardinal Pell was charged on summons by Victoria Police at Melbourne Magistrates' Court on July 26, 2017 in Melbourne, Australia. Cardinal George Pell was charged on summons by Victoria Police on 29 June over multiple allegations of sexual assault. Cardinal George Pell is Australia's highest ranking Catholic and the third most senior Catholic at the Vatican, where he was responsible for the church's finances. Cardinal George Pell has leave from his Vatican position while he defends the charges.  (Photo by Michael Dodge/Getty Images)© 2017 Getty Images MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – JULY 26: Cardinal George Pell walks with a heavy Police guard from the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on July 26, 2017, in Melbourne, Australia. Cardinal Pell was…

But prosecutor Mark Gibson told the magistrate there was no evidence to back Richter’s theory that Pell had been targeted over the church’s failings.

Since Pell returned to Australia from the Vatican in July, he has lived in Sydney and flown to Melbourne for his court hearings. His circumstances are far removed from the years he spent as the high-profile and polarizing archbishop of Melbourne and later Sydney before his promotion to Rome in 2014.

The case places both the cardinal and the pope in a potentially perilous territory. For Pell, the charges are a threat to his freedom, his reputation and his career. For Francis, they are a threat to his credibility, given he famously promised a “zero tolerance” policy for sex abuse in the church.

Advocates for abuse victims have long railed against Francis’ decision to appoint Pell to the high-ranking position in the first place. At the time of his promotion, Pell was already facing allegations that he had mishandled cases of clergy abuse during his time leading the church in Melbourne and Sydney, Australia’s largest cities.

Cardinal George Pell arrives to make a statement, at the Vatican, Thursday, June 29, 2017. The Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney says Vatican Cardinal George Pell will return to Australia to fight sexual assault charges as soon as possible. (AP Photo/Gregorio Borgia)© ASSOCIATED PRESS Cardinal George Pell arrives to make a statement, at the Vatican, Thursday, June 29, 2017. The Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney says Vatican Cardinal George Pell will return to Australia to fight…

So far, Francis has withheld judgment of Pell, saying he wants to wait for justice to run its course. And he did not force the cardinal to resign, though Pell took an immediate leave of absence so he could return to Australia to fight the charges. Pell said he intends to continue his work as a prefect of the church’s economy ministry once the case is resolved.

In recent years, Pell’s actions as archbishop came under particular scrutiny by a government-authorized investigation into how the Catholic Church and other institutions have responded to the sexual abuse of children.

Australia’s Royal Commission Into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse — the nation’s highest form of inquiry — revealed last year that 7 percent of Catholic priests were accused of sexually abusing children in Australia over the past several decades.

In testimony to the commission in 2016, Pell conceded that he had made mistakes by often believing priests over people who said they had been abused. And he vowed to help end a rash of suicides that has plagued abuse victims in his hometown of Ballarat.

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JULY 26:  Cardinal Pell walks with a heavy Police guard to the Melbourne Magistrates' Court on July 26, 2017 in Melbourne, Australia. Cardinal Pell was charged on summons by Victoria Police on 29 June over multiple allegations of sexual assault. Cardinal Pell is Australia's highest ranking Catholic and the third most senior Catholic at the Vatican, where he was responsible for the church's finances. Cardinal Pell has leave from his Vatican position while he defends the charges.  (Photo by Darrian Traynor/Getty Images)© 2017 Getty Images MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – JULY 26: Cardinal Pell walks with a heavy Police guard to the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on July 26, 2017, in Melbourne, Australia. Cardinal Pell was charged on…

Pell testified to the inquiry in a video link from the Vatican about his time as a priest and bishop in Australia. He did not attend in person because of a heart condition and other medical problems.

Police said at the preliminary hearing that they had planned to arrest Pell for questioning had he returned to Australia in early 2016 to testify.

His lawyers argued in court that Pell was targeted for “special treatment” by detectives from a police task force that investigated historical sex abuse. Police witnesses denied that accusation.

The investigation of Pell began in 2013 before any complainant had come forward to police, whom Richter accused of running “a get Pell operation.”

Pell’s lawyers told the court in February that the first complainant approached police in 2015, 40 years after the alleged crimes, in response to media reports about the royal commission.

Pell was charged by summons in Rome and agreed to return to Australia to face the allegations.  (Time)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

Nigerian Male Househelp Disguised As Female, Deflowered Four Daughters Of His Host, Impregnates Two

Male-househelp-under-disguise-as-female (2)

Zenabou: Male househelp who disguised as female maid

By Ike A. Offor

This is a very disturbing narrative coming out of Nigeria, where a male househelp disguised as a female maid in order to have access to families with children.

This male pervert in his early adulthood decided to disguise as a girl to gain access to families with children and to work as a maid.

He obtained an identity card with a female name, Zenabou and was employed as a maid to a family with four daughters, which was a big mistake made by the parents of these girls.

He dresses up as a girl, with bra, female underpants, even a bikini to hide his manhood. A closer look to his picture, would reveal a female bikini, a female scarf tied around his waist.

He ties a scarf as a girl, which is a very common practice in a religious country like Nigeria, where women almost always covered their heads with all sorts of scarves.

Zenabou wears a bra, stuffed to create a protruding young breast of a young girl. He also wears female clothes to create a perfect female look.

He also trimmed or shaved his eyebrows, as it is commonly done by girls or ladies these days, which is used to create a perfect eyebrow makeup that is en vogue.

One could easily say that he even has some female facial outlook, and perhaps this helped to give him a perfect disguise as a female maid, which helped to fool the parents of the unfortunate family.

This pervert, Zenabou planned out carefully his lines of actions very well and has such numbing audacity to have carried out his trade in such spectacular fashion without feeling of guilt.

Male-househelp-under-disguise-as-female1

To demonstrate that he is purely for preying on little girls, he carried out his evil acts within three months of being employed by unlucky Nigerian parents with four little girls, among who are two who have reached puberty age.

After three months, all the four daughters of this Nigerian family were deflowered. Their virginity were cunningly taken away from them by the male househelp who disguised as a female housemaid.

The two other daughters who have reached their puberty were impregnated by this Zenabou, the pervert.

Though this narrative raises a lot of questions on how parents screen and employ househelps in Nigeria, it raises further question how parents access and assess those working for them in their house.

How did the mother and father of these children assess this male/female maid and what was her  or his relationship with him/her while working for their family? What sort of relationship do Nigerian families or parents have with their housemaids and how do they assess them or relate to them?

While it is not in our position to answer these questions, it is in our position to warn parents to be very careful who they employ as househelp, babysitters, or maids in their homes. They should do more to ascertain the true sex of their maids, or would-be-househelps. And the true identity and qulity of those they employ as househelps in their homes.

Male-househelp-under-disguise-as-female1 (2)

They should leave no stone unturned when handling issues pertaining the welfare of their children.

We only hope that these children, both those who lost their virginity at such early age and the two who are now pregnant are well taken care of.

What a very painful way for one to lose children within the confines of one’s home. Sad, very sad indeed.

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

LA Police Investigating Hollywood Paedophile Ring Claims Made By Corey Feldman |RN

Gwilym Mumford
Watch: LAPD investigating sexual assault allegations filed by actor Corey Feldman (Provider: CityNews) 

The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating claims made by actor Corey Feldman concerning an alleged paedophile ring in Hollywood.

LAPD detective Ross Nemeroff confirmed to the Hollywood Reporter that an investigation had been launched by the department following a report filed by the former child star on Monday. “When a report is filed on something as severe as this, an investigation is opened by the robbery/homicide division, which also handles sex crimes,” he said.

Feldman, who announced on Twitter that he had filed a report to the LAPD, has long alleged that a systemic culture of underage abuse exists in Hollywood. In his 2013 autobiography Coreyography the actor claimed that both he and late actor Corey Haim were molested as children, and blamed Haim’s abuse for his death in 2010 at the age of 38.

Corey Feldman on TV in the US, October 2017.           © Getty Images Corey Feldman on TV in the US, October 2017.

Last month Feldman announced that he was seeking funding for a film that he said would expose alleged offenders. “Right off the bat, I can name six names, one of them who is still very powerful today,” he said, but added that he was unable to divulge the identity of the individuals involved due to potential legal repercussions and fears over his family’s safety.

On Wednesday, actor Charlie Sheen denied allegations that he had sexually assaulted Haim on the set of the 1986 film Lucas, when Haim was 13 and Sheen was 19. The claims, published in the National Enquirer, were made by actor Dominick Brascia, a longtime friend of Haim’s, who said that Haim had told him about the incident.

“Charlie Sheen categorically denies these allegations,” a spokesperson for the actor told the Hollywood Reporter.

Rumours of organised child abuse in Hollywood have intensified in recent weeks following both Feldman’s allegations and the re-emergence of the 2014 documentary, An Open Secret. The film, which alleges sexual predation of children by industry figures, failed to receive a theatrical or distribution deal when it was released in 2015, but has since been made available to view for free on the streaming site Vimeo, where it is said to have attracted millions of views.     (The Guardian)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

Jerry Sandusky’s Son Charged With Child Sex Abuse |The Republican News

by Mike Coppinger

Jeffrey Sandusky, the son of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, was arrested Monday and charged with sexually assaulting two minors, according to the complaint obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

Pennsylvania State Police detained Sandusky on six felony counts: statutory sexual assault; involuntary deviate sexual intercourse; photographing, videographing, depicting on computer or filming sexual acts; and unlawful contact with a minor; sexual abuse of children; corruption of minors.

The 41-year-old Sandusky is being held on $200,000 bail and is prohibited from any contact with minors.

Sandusky’s father, Jerry, was convicted of sexually abusing 10 boys and was sentenced to at least 30 years in prison at the age of 68 — essentially a life sentence.

According to police, Jeffrey Sandusky attempted to obtain explicit material from a minor under the age of 18 — referred to as victim No. 1 — via text messages in March 2016. The minor’s mother was dating Sandusky at the time and had been for six years. Sandusky lived with the woman and her children for five of those years.

Victim No. 1’s father contacted police on Nov. 21, 2016, and said Sandusky sent his son texts requesting the material on March 1 and 2 of that year. The father then provided proof of those messages to police, per the complaint. In one message, Sandusky allegedly said it wasn’t weird to receive the material because he is “studying medicine.”

Sandusky is then accused of demanding the victim erase all the incriminating texts and that nothing be mentioned to anyone. Sandusky requested a meeting to talk things over, but the victim responded “we don’t need to talk and we aren’t going to” before adding these were the actions of a “rapist.”

Sandusky also is accused of engaging in sexual intercourse with a minor under the age of 16, referred to as victim No. 2 in the complaint. That alleged offense took place in 2013, when Sandusky was 37.

According to NBC News, Sandusky has been suspended from his job at Rockview State Correctional facility.

Continue reading

%d bloggers like this: