Image

Reveal Names Of ‘Treasury Looters’ Sponsoring IPOB, Fayose Tells Lai Mohammad

ayo-fayose

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has challenged the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, to name those “treasury looters” that he claimed were sponsoring the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), saying “it is high time Nigerians begin to hold the Information Minister accountable for his frivolous claims.”

Governor Fayose, who said the Information Minister was fast assuming the position of the “Liar-General” of the federation, having lied to gain power and still lying to sustain it, pointed out that;’ “more than 20 months after he claimed that 55 Nigerians stole over N1.34 trillion from the country’s treasury from 2006 to 2013, Lai Mohammed is yet to tell Nigerians who the 55 people are.”

In a statement issued on Tuesday, by the Governor’s Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, he described Lai Mohammed as “an embodiment of contradictions, who speaks from several sides of his mouth, turning himself into a vegetable while struggling to defend a government that has done more evil than good to Nigeria and its people.”

The governor called on Nigerians to prevail on the Information Minister to name the treasury looters sponsoring IPOB and provide proof of the sponsorship as well as the 55 people that he said stole over N1.34.

Governor Fayose said; “In the history of his lying career, if he (Lai Mohammed) is able to read through his past comments and juxtapose them with his present comments, he will realize the contradiction that he has become.

“On June 10, 2013, Lai Mohammed spoke against the proscription of Boko Haram, saying that it stifled the press and tampered with the fundamental human rights of Nigerians. He also spoke in support of true federalism and restructuring of Nigeria. But today, in defence of President Muhammadu Buhari’s government, everything Lai Mohammed supported then, he is now against and what he was against then, he now supports.

“It is shameful that Lai Mohammed now runs speedily to defend the lion king and his autocratic government so that he won’t be devoured and in the process of trying to avoid being sacked, he is manufacturing lies like pure water.

Calling on the international community, especially the United Nations and the International Criminal Court (ICC) to investigate the heinous crime being committed by the military against Nigerians in the Southeast, Governor Fayose said there was no law in Nigeria empowering the military to declare any organization as a terrorist and kill unarmed people.   (The Sun)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

Just In: Army Unwarranted Rage On IPOB Is Ethnic Cleansing – Fayose |RN

 

 

AyodeleFayose1

The Ekiti State governor, Mr Ayo Fayose has described the invasion of the South East by the army and killings as ethnic cleansing and unacceptable.

He lamented in an address that “Nigeria is under ethnic cleansing, and I warned Nigerians ahead of Buhari’s election.”

Details coming shortly

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

(Photos) Gov. Fayose Wears Turban, Marks Eid-el-Kabir With Muslims|RN

                  Gov Fayose

While the tenure of Governor Peter Ayodele Fayose lasted in Ekiti State during his first term between May 29, 2003, and October 16, 2006, he was known to uniquely celebrate his birthdays in the church.

The governor would lay prostrate before the altar in fervent prayers to God in the name of Jesus Christ, and would only get up when he was certain he had been heard.

The beat seems to have changed, though; as Gov Fayose is seen here fully turbaned and offering prayers to Allah during the ongoing Eid-el-Kabir.

The venue was the Muslim Community Praying Ground, Odo-Ado, Ado-Ekiti on Friday.

Barka da Sallah, Your Excellency!

See the photos, as posted by the Special Adviser, Public Communications & New Media to Ekiti State Governor, Mr Lere Olayinka.

Fayose1

Fayos2

Fayose3

Fayose4

(Punch)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

 

Continue reading

Image

Quit With Brute Force Against Biafran Agitators, Fayose Tells FG |The Republican News

 

ayodele-fayose

Ekiti State Governor, Gov. Ayodele Fayose

 

From Wole Balogun, Ado-Ekiti

Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has praised his colleagues in the South-East for meeting with the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, on Wednesday, August 30, 2017.

The meeting, said Fayose, provided a veritable platform, which the Igbo should key into “otherwise they will remain guinea pig as long as this country exists.”

The governor urged the Federal Government to allow political solutions to agitations by Nigerians as against the use of brute force and added that he remains committed to the call for a full and total restructuring of Nigeria through dialogue and negotiation. The governor declared it is too late for Nigeria to disintegrate.

Speaking in Ado Ekiti yesterday, Fayose said he was “particularly glad that South-East governors have come to the realisation that they cannot ignore their own in times like these as agitations are normal and must not be ignored, although the approach should be handled with caution.”

He blamed President Muhammadu Buhari’s actions and utterances for agitations in the country. 

“The father figure of this country is president Buhari and, if his language does not represent unity, there will be agitations like we are seeing now. A father figure rallies even the bad boys in his house. The utterances and actions of Buhari, when he became president, were against the unity of this country.

“How can a president say he will only attend to the needs of those who gave him 97 percent vote and neglect others who did not vote for him? For Nigeria to move forward and in unity, there must be no sectionalism, there must be no oppression and there must be justice and equity.”

“The governor, who commended northern leaders for standing up to ensure that the Arewa youths’ quit notice against Igbo in the North was resolved and withdrawn without arresting and detaining anyone, added: “I am sure that the same can be achieved by Igbo leaders as arresting or re-arresting Kanu may be counter-productive; it may be perceived as vilification of the entire South-East, not necessarily Kanu as a person.”

The statement read in part: “This meeting has provided a veritable platform, which the Igbo must key into otherwise they will remain guinea pig as long as this country exists.

“That Eze Israel Kanu, the father of the IPOB leader, Nnamdi and elder-statesman, Prof. Ben Nwabueze, were part of the meeting is a sign of strong determination and unity on the part of the South-East leaders and their governors, which I believe will end up in the amicable resolution of all issues involved, especially by pro-Biafra activists and IPOB.

“While I appeal to the federal government to allow political solutions to agitations by Nigerians as against the use of brute force, which, regrettably, has become the hallmark of this administration, I remain committed to the call for a full and total restructuring of Nigeria through dialogue and negotiation. Even though it is too late for Nigeria to disintegrate, we do not need the All Progressives Congress kind of restructuring.

“Once again, I salute my brother governors from the South-East for their historic meeting of yesterday and I urge them not to relent in their efforts to bring lasting peace and harmony to their region.

“I also commend the IPOB leader, Kanu for his display of humility and commitment to peace by attending the meeting and enjoin him to cooperate with leaders of the region.” (The Sun)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

If My Doctors Permit, I Shall Return Soon, Says Buhari |The Republican News

buhariinlondon2

Buhari on vacation in London

From Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari has assured the President of Guinea, Alpha Conde, that he was making progress with his health.

Buhari in a letter to thank  the Chairman of  the Assemblies of Heads of State and Government of the African Union, for the nationwide prayers held last week by Guineans for his recovery and good health, said he would  return to his duties to continue serving the Nigerian people who elected him, as soon as received the green light from his doctors.

Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Femi Adesina in a statement said the assurance was contained in a letter to the Guinean President dated July 24, 2017.

According to the statement, “President Buhari, who had earlier made a phone call to Conde, who is the current Chairman of  the Assemblies of Heads of State and Government of the African Union, stated:

“I thank you for your kind and thoughtful action in organising nationwide prayers for my good health. It is a gesture that I will forever cherish and treasure.

“Your Excellency will be pleased to hear that I am making good progress, and as soon as doctors advice, I shall return to my duties and continue serving the Nigerian people who elected me and are daily praying for my recovery.”

The statement said Buhari had in an earlier letter, accepted his nomination as leader of the “2018 AU theme on the fight against corruption”, which came from African leaders at the 29th Session of the Assembly of Heads of State and Government of the AU in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on July 4, 2017.

“While thanking you for the kind words and for the nomination,” the President wrote to Conde, “I wish to express my readiness to accept this new important role and to reiterate my commitment to contribute towards our collective efforts to strengthen good governance and development on the continent. I, therefore, look forward to working closely with you in the realisation of this objective.”

   The president’s letter to Conde corroborated the view expressed by National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, who had said that only his doctors in the United Kingdom could decide when he would be fit to return to the country and return to work.

Addressing journalists after a closed door meeting of the National Working Committee of the party, including governors elected on the party’s platform, in Abuja last Thursday, Odigie-Oyegun explained that Buhari was fast recovering from his ailment.

  He dismissed claims by Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State that Buhari was on life support.

“If I respond, I will be dignifying him. At the appropriate time, people will answer him; at the appropriate level. He (Fayose) is in a different world altogether. We are glad to inform you that President Muhammadu Buhari is recovering in a very robust manner,” Oyegun said.  (The Sun)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

APC’s Committee On Restructuring Dead On Arrival, Says Fayose |RN

ayodele-fayose

Gov. Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State has called on Nigerians to reject the All Progressives Congress’s committee on restructuring, describing it as dead on arrival and a ruse.

“It is a blatant attempt to draw the wool over the eyes of Nigerians”, he added.

In a statement yesterday by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Idowu Adelusi, Fayose, who is also the chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, said the APC committee on restructuring is unnecessary since the jury is that Nigerians in their large numbers, cutting across party, regional, ethnic, social, and religious backgrounds have overwhelmingly voted for immediate restructuring of the polity.

“This APC distraction is meant to deceive Nigerians one more time. Nigerians must unequivocally reject it. They have deceived us enough and we must not allow them to deceive us again.

“APC and its government at the centre have failed on all fronts and have not delivered on their promises to the electorate. They have lived in denial and have spent the last two years either blaming everyone else but themselves for their cluelessness or repudiating their election promises.

“Whereas they promised to restructure in their party manifesto, they have come out openly to deny this obvious fact. So, who does not know that their so-called committee is an ingenious attempt to deceive and sweep the raging storm over restructuring under the carpet?

“This is a government that specialises in sweeping serious national issues under the carpet. The report of the presidential investigative committee on the alleged corrupt activities of two principal officers of the Buhari administration has been swept under the carpet. My protest letter to the acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, on this issue has not received the speedy attention it deserves”, he said. (The Sun)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading

Image

Fayose Threatens To Sue Osinbajo, Demands Report On Suspended SGF, NIA DG

 ayodelefayose1
                      Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose

Kamarudeen Ogundele, Ado Ekiti

The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has written the Acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, demanding the release of the report of the panel that investigated corruption allegations against the suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr David Babachir Lawal.

The Chairman, Peoples Democratic Party Governors Forum, who also demanded the release of the report on the Director-General, National Intelligence Agency, Mr Ayo Oke, threatened to sue Osinbanjo if he failed to meet his demands and “act expeditiously on the report.”

The governor stated this in a July 11 letter received at the Acting President’s office on July 13.

According to a statement by the Special Assistant to the governor on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Fayose told the Acting President “never to harbour the view that the matter can be swept under the carpet.”

He added, “The government’s war against corruption lacked credibility and had, thus floundered because of the government perceived penchant for sweeping allegations of corruption against top functionaries of the federal government and members of the ruling All Progressives Congress.

“I dare to say that this is one of the reasons the so-called war against corruption has not attracted public support. It lacks credibility and has, thus floundered. It is also the reason your administration has lost case after case in the court of law, even though administration officials have tried to cover government’s Achilles heel as well as their own howling incompetence under the pretence of corruption fighting back,” the governor said.

Fayose, who commended Osinbajo for “yeoman efforts” to quell agitation all over the country and stabilising the polity, said he had refused to join those promoting disunity for their selfish interests, and decided to queue behind him to assist his noble efforts.

“… let all hands be on the deck to salvage our beloved country, take solace and receive renewed strength, vigour and vitality in the fact that your efforts have begun to yield positive fruits and that the vast majority of the citizens appreciate and applaud your efforts and stand resolutely with you. As I have often said, the power of the people is greater than the power of those of us in power.

“In our own little corner, we, too, stand with you. And this being so, you can only succeed, and not fail!

“Therefore, every support and every advice that Your Excellency requires to succeed we promise we will not hide away from you, partisan politics notwithstanding.”

Fayose said it would be most unfortunate if the report is swept under the carpet.

“The preferential treatment given to the two top-notch members of your government is bad enough – and they are the only members of the ruling party that have got this slap-on-the-wrist treatment. So reckless and audacious had your government become in this regard that a serving Senator who is a member of your party said on the floor of the Senate that your government uses insecticides when dealing with alleged cases of corruption involving members of the opposition but applies deodorant when members of the ruling party are involved.

The governor urged the Acting President to do the needful and not let the absence of the president be the reason for not acting on the report.

The letter added, “Were President Buhari to be around, this issue would not have been any of your bothers. All that would have been required of you would be to turn in your report within the stipulated time and the ball would then have been squarely in the president’s court.

“Fortunately and unfortunately, President Buhari has been away on medical tourism for the most part of this year and as the Acting President, the buck now stops on your desk. Your Excellency, Nigerians demand two actions from you: First is that you release the report of the corruption investigation, which you presided over. Secondly is that you act expeditiously on the report. May I advise, Your Excellency, that you should never harbour the view that this matter can be swept under the carpet for two reasons.

“One is that Nigerians are not unmindful of the outcome of your investigation even if it has not been officially released. Two is that should you fail to release the report and act on it, I shall approach the law court to compel you to do so.

“Your Excellency, as a Law professor and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Your Excellency must not be associated with illegalities and cover-ups; not to talk of your highly exalted position as a man of God who must speak the truth at all times and uphold the Biblical admonition to let justice flow like the mighty river. I have refused to agree with those who, on account of your egregious stance on the EFCC boss, Ibrahim Magu’s continued but illegal stay in office; posit that the hood does not make the monk and a chain of titles and degrees does not translate to sound judgment. Kindly take up the challenge to prove those doubting Thomases wrong.

“Your Excellency, because of our dear country, Nigeria, the concern of all of its 170 million citizens as well as for the benefit of our friends the world over, permit me to make copies of this letter available to the media and other interested persons and organisations locally and internationally.” (Punchng.com)

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading