Image

DJ Switch Seeks Asylum In Canada Over Threats After Lekki Massacre, Appears Before Parliament |The Republican News

DJ Switch, Obianuju


By Eunice Obaah

DJ Switch is seeking asylum in Canada following her testimony on the Lekki Toll Gate massacre.

A report by News Wire stated that DJ Switch has appeared before the Sub-committee on International Human Rights of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development of the Canadian Parliament, where she spoke about her ordeal during and after the #EndSARS protests.

A post by Dr. Kemi Olunloyo on social media also confirms that DJ Switch is already in asylum hearings in Canada.

She revealed in her statement that the soldiers insisted they were working under strict instructions.

See the screenshot;

Saharareporters reports that she told the Canadian parliament that she counted not less than seven persons shot, adding that one of the soldiers threatened to shoot her.

She said this about the October 20 incident:

“On October 20, 2020, we had spirited Nigerians there united with one goal against police brutality against bad governance. What started out as a protest against police brutality with the unit called SARS, unfortunately, degenerated into something I still find hard to reconcile within my heart.

We got information that the government wants to see me and six other people and I remember saying to them that we have no leader and if the government wanted to speak with us, he should kindly come to the toll gate and address Nigerians because we have been out for eleven days.


As we didn’t know where the gunshots were coming from and what they are about and then the lights went off.

I remembered the military came in first, they stopped shooting at some point and I walked up to one of them and I asked why he was shooting at us and he said he had express order from above, and I was coming too close to him and if I come too close, it would be considered an attack on him and he would have to shoot.

It didn’t take another ten minutes, the shooting started again. I remember seeing seven people that have been shot down and we were telling people on my live Instagram to help us call an ambulance.”

“I have been on the move because they have been after my life. The first threat came in, I thought it was a joke, I sincerely thought it was a joke. Just as I was leaving, I got a phone call that I should leave the vicinity because there are military men at the hospital.

I had to abandon my home, I moved from people’s home, and then just to get out of Nigeria. I am still travelling, and I am not done with my trip.”

Continue reading
Image

JUST IN: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Arrested At Ecuadorian Embassy In London

Wikileaks founder, Julian Assange, has been arrested by the Metropolitan Police after being expelled from the Ecuadorean Embassy, where he has been hiding as a fugitive for seven years.

He is currently being held at a central London police station, before being presented before Westminster Magistrates’ Court “as soon as is possible”.

Ecuador’s president Lenin Moreno said Assange had been “discourteous and aggressive” during his stay and added that he had broken multiple conditions of his asylum.

He said: “He particularly violated the norm of not intervening in the internal affairs of other states.

The most recent incident occurred in January 2019, when WikiLeaks leaked Vatican documents. Key members of that organisation visited Mr Assange before and after such illegal acts.”

He also claimed Assange had installed “distortion equipment” in the embassy, and that he had “mistreated guards”.

The 47-year-old Wikileaks founder was wanted by the UK police for breaching his bail conditions, after a saga that began in November 2010, when Sweden issued an international arrest warrant for Assange, after authorities in the country questioned him over allegations of sexual assault and rape, which he denied.

He claimed he would be extradited from Sweden to the US because of his role in publishing hundreds of thousands of US diplomatic cables.

The hacker surrendered to British police in 2012 and was released on bail within 10 days, but breached his bail conditions after an unsuccessful appeal against extradition to Sweden. He was then granted asylum by Ecuador and allowed to remain in the embassy. (Instablog)

Subscribe to The Republican News. Call us for press release, enquiries. Email: RepublicanNewsNetwork1@gmail.com, phone: +32497220468, 2348189650279, +32466100102

http://www.twitter.com/RNNetwork1

Continue reading