By Godsgift Onyedinefu
The federal government on Thursday warned that it will not allow another EndSars protest in the country and Nigerians planning to protest at the Lekki Toll Gate this weekend should desist from it.
The Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, who gave the hint at a news conference in Abuja on Thursday, said that allowing the protest could trigger another round of uncontrolled destruction of lives and property.
Mohammed said: “No government anywhere will allow a repeat of the kind of destruction, killing and maiming wrought by the hijackers of EndSars protests last year.
“After all, only one policeman – (plus four others) – was killed in the invasion of the US Capitol in January, yet the FBI has continued to hunt down and prosecute the perpetrators. No life is more important than the other.
- Abubakar Malami, AGF Threatens To Deal With Peter Obi Over Diaspora Donations |RN
- Oodua Separatist Group Writes Sultan Of Sokoto, Warns Against Fulani Invasion Of Yoruba land |RN
- Websites By APC To Discredit Obi With Fake News Exposed By David Hundeyin | The Republican News
“The Federal Government is also keenly watching the role being played by the various social media platforms in this renewed clamour for violence in the country.
“Recall that the social media platforms that eagerly nudged on the EndSars protesters, until the situation got out of hand, are the same ones that quickly pulled the plug on even their own President when the chips were down in their own country.
“I hope we have all learnt our lessons. If we allow them to destroy our country, we will bear the brunt,” the minister said.