The five South East governors meeting with all security Chiefs in Enugu has ended with them issuing strong-worded communiqué at the end of the deliberation.
There have been tensions in the region due to the activities of the Fulani herdsmen bandits, causing many deaths and creating internally displaced persons, IDP in the communities.
Igbo youths have recently like before issued statements that their governors and other political leaders in the region are not doing enough to checkmate these attacks and stop the activities of these bandits
The communiqué reads as follows
- Enugu airport to open December 2019 after renovation.
- Joint air patrol to flush out bandits in all the forests in southeast.
- No more foot movement of cattle and herdsmen from one state to another.
- No more foot movement of cattle from community to another across farmlands.
- Any cattle herder with gun or machete will be arrested.
- Southeast governors never invited the army nor requested for Operation Python dance in the region.
- Adequate security to be provided along the routes to Owerri airport where flights have been diverted due to closure of Enugu airport.
- Southeast governors to meet with Mr President.
- Commended governor Ugwuanyi for establishing forest guards and asked other states to take a cue from Enugu state government and establish forest guards.
Here is the full communique on papers.
Subscribe to The Republican News. Advertise with us. Call us for press release, enquiries. Email: RepublicanNewsNetwork1@gmail.com, phone: +32497220468, +23481819650279, +32466100102.