Floyd Mayweather has been telling people close to him that he is considering coming out of retirement once again for a 51st fight.
Mayweather (50-0 record) only recently came out retirement earlier this year when he agreed to take on Conor McGregor in what became the biggest fight in combat sport history on 26 August.
“Money” eventually got his 50th win after he stopped McGregor in the 10th round and retired with over $1bn in career earnings, having made $300m from the big-money superfight in Las Vegas.
However, according to a report by TMZ, Mayweather is now considering yet another boxing fight as he is training “like a maniac” in the gym.
The report claims there is no official movement as of now but that he is ready to go again.
— Laceupboxing (@Laceupboxing) November 20, 2017
The ideal return fight is a rematch with McGregor but the American has also been linked with a sequel with Manny Pacquiao, while former welterweight champion Amir Khan recently called out the former five-weight champion.
When TMZ asked executive vice president and general manager of Showtime Sports, Stephen Espinoza – who promoted the original Mayweather vs McGregor fight – if a return was possible, he said it was down to the fighter as well as the demand.
“Look, its Floyd’s call to make at some point,” Espinoza said. “And it is hard [to turn down $300m].
“I haven’t yet seen anything from him that suggests he’s thinking about McGregor II or anything else. He seems pretty happy retired, so I don’t think we’ll see him in the ring again.
“But If there’s a demand for it and people want to see it, then sure, we will get behind the business.” (International Business Insider)